Word's first fully shielded propellers

Malcr001

sfc what is the pro version exactly? from looks of it on the website with the breif description it almost sounds like what I mentioned earlier about being a kit version that is designed to be mounted on other frames? Am I correct or not?

sfc

Erik J
Malcr001: The pro versions are full airframe kits under development, both in hex and octo configurations for up to 15 inch prop size. We are also working on retrofit ring hardware that will fit on existing common boom sizes and will be available sooner than the full kits. It is too early to give an estimate on when the airframes or retrofit kits will be ready for retail at this time as we have much more testing to complete. We'll update the page regarding the professional kits shortly with more information.

Erik

Malcr001

Malcr001: The pro versions are full airframe kits under development, both in hex and octo configurations for up to 15 inch prop size. We are also working on retrofit ring hardware that will fit on existing common boom sizes and will be available sooner than the full kits. It is too early to give an estimate on when the airframes or retrofit kits will be ready for retail at this time as we have much more testing to complete. We'll update the page regarding the professional kits shortly with more information.

Erik

Thanks Erik, looking forward to the updates.

Dreamweaver

Cool concept...would be interested in seeing how a WKM fits in....and what size batteries it can take....and the weights of the frame kits.

Something doesnt add up with the price I thought, Worlds 1st ie own the market, yet cheap, light and strong?.....its a preorder price only

Is this like a kickstart venture without the kickstart tie down?, is it sell 1000 kits then go and make them?

When you pre order...it reads

"When the shipping date has arrived--September 1, 2012--we will email you and request completion of the order."

Completion = more $$$

Last edited by a moderator:

flitelab

Something doesnt add up with the price I thought, Worlds 1st ie own the market, yet cheap, light and strong?.....its a preorder price only

Is this like a kickstart venture without the kickstart tie down?, is it sell 1000 kits then go and make them?

When you pre order...it reads

"When the shipping date has arrived--September 1, 2012--we will email you and request completion of the order."

Completion = more $$$

Well there is no obligation to pay anything to preorder, and I found they were very quick to reply to our email. Only time will tell.

Dewster

I like the design. I think people would feel better flying it near buildings/people. Now we just need a frame that incorporates this. I like it a lot!