Still have Problems with Hexa. Urgent Help needed!

Hi guys,
for two weeks now, we cannot get our Hexa fly properly again.
Please help, any suggestion appreciated:

CS6 frame, 13x6,5 carbon props, 2x4S5000

Here are our current results with different firmwares and setups:

5.08 155/125/155/155:
Toilet Bowl, clockwise
no straight flight, drift to the right,
RTH: flies back aproximately to the former starting point, then circles around this point with increasing speed while descending. No safe landing possible

5.12 155/115/155/155:
1. flight: very stable, no toilet bowl, perfect stabilisation even in Wind
2. flight, no changes in configuration: same as with 5.08
RTH: after activation (Flight-Mode-Switch) within a few seconds, each single motor had a very short change in RPM or a switch off for a split second, so that Hexa tilted to direction of the corresponding motors. Gained back control immediately.

Today we will try 5.06 with original settings again, maybe this works.

We have also checked the Position values for IMU and Compass, and we also have played around with the Z values... No proper results...

We have also tried to adjust the direction of the compas module, we have turned it counterclockwise about 5-10 degree. Toilet Bowl is getting slightly better, but not perfect.
Homepoint seems not being saved during take off (no red blinks, green lights when X2 connected and IOC activated). According to GS there is no Homepoint saved. If we save it manually by using GS, RTH works perfect in 5.08.

Is it possible that we have damaged IMU or Compass during a flip over on ground due to wrong IMU orientation settings during a test flight? Only two props were damaged.

Please help, We don't know what to try next.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

Tomstoy2

Really don't think you damaged anything, ( fingers crossed ).

My Hexa didn't fly worth a damn in 5.08, others will confirm the same.

5.12 users are reporting the same issues you have. I personally haven't tried it as it was a beta release.

What has worked very well for me was 5.10. My hexa isn't as large as yours, but it would probably work well for you. I have over 40 flights on 5.10 not and am very pleased with it.

Hi,

thanks for your comments.

I thought 5.10 and 5.12 are similar, only Octo issues have been changed....

So will try 5.06 and 5.10 today.

Frank

Yesterday we have tried to downgrade to 5.06

What should I say.... Hexa works PERFeCT again!!!

After adjusting compass Declination aprox. 30* ccw, and rising the gains, especially for vertical and roll, our Hexa was rock solid, evn in strong wind (bft 3-4)

Acpuiring home position (green light) takes less than 30 seconds.
No TB effect, no wobbling during RTH

Gimbal stabilisation is not that good, POI is missing, but the craft is very reliable now.

We only had two minor issues:

1. one time, after Hexa has landed safe using RTH (U switch) it took off again. Switching to manual mode caused the motors to switch off (throttle stick was at zero) so the craft droped from 1mtr onto the ground. Thanks to god, we were on grass land, so no damages.
In the future, we will switch to manual asap when its landed. It was very windy, so maybe the barometric sensor was kind of confused about landing or not ;)

2. two out of five times, RTH doesn't work as expected. Normally the hexa is climbing to 20mtr, then positioning itsolf above the homepoint without turning nose, and then decents smoothly.
In the case where RTH does not work, the nose turns towards the homepoint after ascending, then it does circling around the homepoint with increasing speed, so we have to gain back control.

Another very interesting, but minor issue is:

At 5.06 the LED colors for the different flight modes are as described in the manual, and as expected.
Using 5.08 and up, the color for Failsafe and GPS Atti is the same (blue). Assistant is nevertheless showing the correct mode, and the behavior of the craft is as expected. Only the LED color is not showing the correct color for GPS Atti.

Are there different hardware versions of WKM which may cause some incompatibilities?
I've heared about lots of people flying 5.08, 5.10 and 5.12 with Hexa without any issues....

Frank

I have a F550, no gimbal, no landing gears on 5.12, seems to be stable with DJI plastic 10" and even more stable with 8" DJI props. RTH has always worked for well and smooth for me. My heart rate only went up when I had the 10" props and it was set to go up 60 meters "I was not expecting", it.. and felt like it just kept going.. and thought I saw wobbling way, way up there, but should have had camera.. did not.

at lower altitude RTH flight, mine has been smooth, even with those DJI plastic 10" props. Only problem I have is my current BLUE LED is out, so I don't see the purple indicators...like guessing if it has good GPS signal or not.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
for a split second, so that Hexa tilted to direction of the corresponding motors. Gained back control immediately.

What is your throttle percentage when you program failsafe?

Dave

Tomstoy2

Flightrobotix, glad to hear it!

I had fairly good results with 5.06, but nothing like 5.02. 5.08 just plain out sucked, especially in wind. However 5.10 is the dogs dangles for me. The Hexa fly's just so damn nice and predictable, no bad behavior what so ever. As I said, dynamically dialed in the motors and ended up removing my Graupners and went back to slo-fly props.

Really would like to get the POI and the gimbal with 5.12 but seems like there is just too much negative involved with it. If rth does strange things when you need it the most then it seems pointless to change to me. I'm more than happy to wait until they get it out of the beta stage first.