S800 ESC repair turn-around time

has anyone received back their replacement ESC's? I've inquired on time to replace and so far (1week later) haven't received a response.

Tahoe Ed

I got mine today. I replied to the dji email as soon as it was available. I ordered my S800 direct from DJI and got one of the first ones. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

ChrisViperM

I sent mine to the dealer where I bought the S800 (Europe) as soon as I was informed about the call-back, but last info was that they are expecting the new ESC's within the next days, so I guess another 10 days untill I get them back. I bought my S800 early June...and that thing was never in the air so far. Following the thread about the new firmware for the WKM, I doubt I will ever fly it....nice expensive paperweight.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

HEX junky

:dejection: why a paperweight :shame: my S800 with reworked ESCs and 5.10 WKM flies great. I flew it in a heavy wind yesterday and there was no drama. Using the Zemuse/S800 with a single transmitter is a bit heavy on the brain cell...using 14 channels of my Futaba 18MZ :nevreness:

ChrisViperM

It's like with a girlfriend....you fall deeply in love....she screws up...you try again....she screws up again....eventually you don't trust her anymore...even if someone is happy with her. :black_eyed:

Digitech

I sent mine to the dealer where I bought the S800 (Europe) as soon as I was informed about the call-back, but last info was that they are expecting the new ESC's within the next days, so I guess another 10 days untill I get them back. I bought my S800 early June...and that thing was never in the air so far. Following the thread about the new firmware for the WKM, I doubt I will ever fly it....nice expensive paperweight.

Chris

according tio DJI the new esc,s are all send out , we got about 90 arms here open withour esc,s and are all awaiting new ones.

ChrisViperM

according tio DJI the new esc,s are all send out , we got about 90 arms here open withour esc,s and are all awaiting new ones.

I guess once you get the ESC's in, you gonna spend a few nights without sleep....I send you a pallet with Red Bull and a big red rubber ball which you can throw against the wall in case you get angry :nevreness:

thats why i fly only rentals.... :) i fly em like i stole them
livid.png

....and how do you handle that with the ladies.....?

skivvie

I sent them to DJI directly.

My S800 came directly from DJI and they told me to return the ESC's to a dealer in TX who said the turnaround would be 2-3 days... it's been 4. Was hoping to fly this thing for the first time this weekend since my Z15 arrives tomorrow! Ah well.

skivvie

I was told yesterday that it would be Tuesday at the latest for the replacement to be complete for arms for those sent to Texas. They had to find a reputable electronics company in Austin to have the replacements done. My replacements are already on their way back as I just sent ESCs.

skivvie

Just to update I got mine back today and just finished putting back in the arms. The surprise was they sent the originals back as well... so I guess I now have an emergency backup set if I want to do some more SMD soldering. =]

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
ah great mine are stuck in customs and they called me already twice that they are not letting them pass through since they don't believe the total price of 40$. They don't understand what it is and can't find a price for it. All argumentation that i am actually getting the parts replaced and the lipo holder it a part that was missing from the initial
shipment don't count. They want a performa invoice but whats the point the parts probably costs DJI less than 40$ etc. annoying !

Boris

Digitech

yes not smart
a simple invoice with : Repair Return Warranty
and add 40 usd for shipping would have done the trick..