Need a budget motor similar to AVRoto/MT2814-10 2814 size 750-770kv

I need 6 motors for my hexa. I really like the AVRoto's but at 55 a pop, thats just to much for 6 of them! Any decent 2814 750-770kv motor I could get in place of the avroto's? Looking to make a purchase today, so any advice appreciated! I can squeeze 40 bucks USD per motor but thats really pushing it!

kloner

Aerial DP
I run graupner 10x5 and 10.6 and the motors never got within 100 watts of max watts with the 10's...... no dis.

backmount kit? there 19mmx19mm mounts

heres a log of said combo in amps, that's split up between 4 30 amp esc's and 4x 350 watt motors.

View attachment 4880

004 (1024x768)_595.jpg

Attachments

• f450 4s graup (728x582).jpg
    f450 4s graup (728x582).jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited by a moderator:

Jodde73

I meant bolt on prop holders. But those collet types look pretty solid. Sweet clean fpv machine btw! ;)
By the looks those Suppos looks like average china bl motors, but after some googling I see that they are pretty high
quality with serious bearings. I will maybe givem a try. NTM's are effective but the bearings are... midrange

kloner

Aerial DP
there made by graupner...... $3 ea. the motors are $23, props are $10. when i crash, and i crash alot, any motor that breaks a prop just get's replaced and all the old crap thrown out. used to try rescuing them but for that money, it's cheaper and less stressful for me
http://www.v-eastonline.com/products/Air-screw-coupling-.html

this was crashed and trying to rescue the weekend by fixin, never get's rid of the jello

this is what they look like tuned up and flying hard. This was hitting 500-600 watts when the sky dissapears

http://www.altitudehobbies.com/new-...power-2814q-750kv-brushless-multi-rotor-motor

I'm using these on a CAG 690mm PM hexa I'm building, I've run'm on my 450 but I've only the stock dji motors to compare. Kloner your frame's looking righteous. When you going to open an online fpv store?
Very nice!! thanks for that link I may just buy those! They say 40A esc recommended, think I would be ok with 30A opto's? Have you used those motors yet?

And yes, kloner your fpv rig looks awesome. I hope to make my hexa comparable to your rig sometime this year

tstrike

pendejo grande
I'm running a set on my 450 quad using the stock dji 30amp opto's and the esc's have never finished a flight hot...yet. I've yet to be able to get the 10" graupners to work on them though, don't get enough lift. I'll be running exceed rc 40amp optos on the hex I'm building since it will be lifting more weight.

I want to use them for 10" graupners on my hexa. Can you tell me what the prop adapter shaft size is for the 2814Q? Can't find that listed anywhere, is 6mm the standard size?

tstrike

pendejo grande
I'm running the carbon reinforced 10", for my hex I have some 11's and 12's. When I tried the graupners I was at like 70% throttle just to get it to hover using 3s batt carrying a hard mount gopro on my 450.
But then I see guys like you running a comparable motor tearing it up, very frustrating to me. Last time I tried graup's, the quad tipped on take off and chipped the very tip of a blade. I had ordered what I thought was one spare for each direction but what I have is 2 spares of the same direction, satisfaction did not live up to the hype for me so I'm either going to sell'm or throw them into the prop pile.

Yes 6mm is the size so you'll need either a 6mm to 8mm spacer for the graup's or go with the prop adapter Kloner linked to.

Thanks for all the info man, think i'm going with these :)

Just my opinion I think the 750kv motors are a little low for 10" on 3s. Maybe 4s would help you with more power to "tear it up" :D I've read people using the 900kv range motors for 3s.

kloner

Aerial DP
hmmm, my 1000kv needed 4s to really "go"

this was 10", 4s, 1000kv, 1680 grams on that fpv rig

tstrike

pendejo grande
the graup's worked fine on the stock dji motors and I didn't have any 4s batts (I do now but not a complete set of graups). If you order these motors, get some extra bearings also, if Altitude doesn't carry them, gotheli does (in fact they carry the same motor just not the "q" version so it comes with a longer motor shaft out the bottom), both guys ship FAST!

kloner

Aerial DP
whats in the ipower for bearings? did any come not smooth? or is it a crashin thing?

They are both fast........