My naza GPS make quad go crazy

I have been flying my f450 with naza for awhile now have gotten pretty good with it. That said after upgrading assistant and firmware. Then adding gps and cali the gps that all goes great but when I fly it has a mind of it's own tries to go off in different directions for no reason. After it started off on its own I switched to atti without gps regained control but it never really seemed to give all the control back when I tried to land it crashed. No damage done but if I try to take off and fly in atti without gps it is still goofy when I remove the gps all togather and unplug from naza it is fine?

anyone else having any trouble?

r4nd0m

I have mounted mine and just tried to get failsafe to work ... hover in 1.5m distance to the ground like 10-15m off landing position, switch into failsafe, it does a slight right turn/curve in a 1m diameter and then shoots like 20m into the sky ... actually thats when I kill the throttle to avoid further damage ... no solution to it yet ...

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I have mounted mine and just tried to get failsafe to work ... hover in 1.5m distance to the ground like 10-15m off landing position, switch into failsafe, it does a slight right turn/curve in a 1m diameter and then shoots like 20m into the sky ... actually thats when I kill the throttle to avoid further damage ... no solution to it yet ...

It's meant to shoot 20m into the sky! Have a look at the manual, you will see what it is meant to do after hitting failsafe.

Gunter.

r4nd0m

It's meant to shoot 20m into the sky! Have a look at the manual, you will see what it is meant to do after hitting failsafe.

Gunter.

thanks Gunter, actually didnt read it ... must have missed it ... so that explains it then ...

just tested it - works just fine ... not sure if I like the diameter of the hovering circle it performs before return home landing - seemed to be quite big .. the pictures and text assumed it hovers stationary ...

Last edited by a moderator:

r4nd0m

I actually wonder if that might become a setting in a next version ... as I wrote, I thought the hover would be stationary - or at least quite - did some further testing today and it actually hovers at 20m hight and performs a 15m diameter circle while hovering ... so for example make sure that your landing zone is free in that airspace. also you need to make sure, which you cant that for example it doesnt shoot into the tree's or alike ...

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I actually wonder if that might become a setting in a next version ... as I wrote, I thought the hover would be stationary - or at least quite - did some further testing today and it actually hovers at 20m hight and performs a 15m diameter circle while hovering ... so for example make sure that your landing zone is free in that airspace. also you need to make sure, which you cant that for example it doesnt shoot into the tree's or alike ...

Hence why I always take off well away from trees and buildings where possible, in case it needs to come back on its own.

It should land within 1 or 2 meters from the takeoff position though, it's pretty good.

Regards, Gunter
via the Samsung