Off topic, anyone buy any fun non-MR RC stuff lately?

kloner

Aerial DP
this was the one that sold me. fly the same balsa as him and one of the big things about the telink stuff is they fly just like a big balsa plane, chris said it was a dead ringer for the extreme flight 60" edge. Thats another gotta have 3d airframe

everything happens slow enough for this old dog to pick up on it. Made orientation learning 3d ridiculously easy. like turning a sim to half speed

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
the problem is, I bought a Canon 10-22 lens last night after dreaming of it since buying my T2i a year and a half ago. I've been using a Sigma 10-20 but decided to take the plunge and sell the Sigma to buy the Canon.

I really like the Telink planes though and I'd never heard of them before today. and to top it off i just made the mistake of surfing through the pro bro site so i'm back thinking i have to have a profile park flyer. i actually have an older Hobby Lobby Yak 55 foamie with what was probably the first of the cheap brushless motors ever to be released (I forget what it is but it was only $20 when motors were $60 minimum). It's still going after a lot of flying and zero maintenance.

we'll see how things go (first retail customer build is on the bench as we speak). maybe i'll treat myself to a new plane for Father's Day. yeah, that's it, for Fathers Day. :)

plingboot

@Kilby, i had a lynxmotion phoenix, but sold it and bought one of THESE

once built it can simply be controlled with a wireless ps2 controller or you can start adding stuff to make it 'intelligent'.

below are a couple of clips, one showing it with an ultra sonic sensor, for object avoidance, the other showing a usb cam, running via Roboream to do object tracking, via colours.

it is possible to get it to face detect and track, with roborealm, but my programming skills and understanding of code isnt quite there yet. that said there's some good info on the hexapod forum and matt - the chap who designed it - is very helpful/knowledgeable.

---

iscorama

the problem is, I bought a Canon 10-22 lens last night after dreaming of it since buying my T2i a year and a half ago. I've been using a Sigma 10-20 but decided to take the plunge and sell the Sigma to buy the Canon.

I sold my Canon 10-22 and bought Tokina 11-16 f2.8 and never looked back...

Piranha

Haha! nice topic, since I've started multis, all my other rc-stuff al my rc helis(6 or 7) now collecting the dust :)

Bartman

I sold my Canon 10-22 and bought Tokina 11-16 f2.8 and never looked back...
i originally looked at the Tamron, Sigma, and Canon but not Tokina (hadn't heard of them yet). Canon was the lightest and presumed quality leader but the Tamron was the heaviest and presumed equal to Sigma. I bought the Sigma as funds were tight. The Tokina is also pretty heavy compared to the Canon so I'm going to have to try the Canon and see where it takes me. Thanks for the tip though, I'll keep it in mind while I try to not buy the 3Dbuster biplane.

Bart

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude

Attachments

• IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0447.jpg
    IMG_0447.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0450.jpg
    IMG_0450.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 164

hjls3

Bart I would be interested in your thoughts about that lens. I am in the market for a wide angle lens. That lens gets some great reviews and I have been considering it for a couple weeks now. If you like it for our application (pics from MR) - might be time to pull the trigger. Thanks for your thoughts.

Bartman

Bart I would be interested in your thoughts about that lens. I am in the market for a wide angle lens. That lens gets some great reviews and I have been considering it for a couple weeks now. If you like it for our application (pics from MR) - might be time to pull the trigger. Thanks for your thoughts.

Will do! I can't see trying to do aerial photography without a nice wide angle lens. For real estate work it allows me to usually stay over the property of the house or building that I'm shooting while still getting everything in the shot. The only downside is that it works a lot better to be relatively low with the camera pointed mostly straight ahead so the lines of the building remain true to form. Shooting down causes the corners to flare out and it's hard to represent the structure well with that phenomenon occurring in the photo.

Should have it in a few days.

Bart

Bartman

just had to buy a few batteries and picked up one of these for some quiet time at the park

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=19697

not quite a 3dbuster but I may have to invest in a chainsaw with yet another big old oak tree lying in the sideyard as of this morning! it's amazing how much damage and stress last year's October snowstorm caused to our many trees.

hjls3

Bart that looks like a fun plane. I have a glider port about a mile south of my house. I will go up a few times a summer and each time, I beg the owner to let me fly RC out there. He isnt a fan :) Perhaps a nice glider would sway him...Have fun with that plane.