Off topic, anyone buy any fun non-MR RC stuff lately?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Has anyone found any fun RC stuff lately that isn't multi-rotor related? I've been fighting the urge to buy a small electric plane for the local park but can't afford it at the moment. Hobbyking seems to have a few nice motor gliders that are cheap enough but who knows how long any one of them will last.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Bart

Bartman

been fighting the urge to build a T-rex 500 to lift my over-worked spirits, won't do it though. :)

kloner

Aerial DP

Bartman

great stuff, never heard of the RUby before. maybe the Flight Control wars will be A LOT more interesting than I realized.

hjls3

Precision Aerobatic Addiction X. Funnest plane I have ever flown! Very forgiving yet extremely capable...all at the same time.

plingboot

i'd really like to built a zeph as i think it would be an enjoyable process, but don't really have a suitable flying space locally.

like the idea of Ruby though.

kloner

Aerial DP
Bart, have you ever heard of a telink foamie? there euro epp, look at rcgroups for more info. I've crashed mine hundreds of times. It can be tame, it can be aggresive, it can crash wide open, change a prop and fly again, change the shaft when it shakes too hard. Amazing little plane. little more money than what your looking at but 100 times the plane. it makes a zero into a hero quick. was how i got really flying good there amazing

http://twistedhobbys.com/Telink-Planes_c23.htm

best money i've spend on rc right after that icharger. it finally got a new shaft in the motor last month. i bet i'd of killed 20 planes before this one shows wear in learning. the ony problem is it softens you up to crashing so recomend not flying balsa and this thing at the same point in time.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
yuri, make sure to look over the LOGO Extreme or even logo 600se...... there all belt driven, super smooth. Great value for the money

Bartman

musn't buy Telink biplane so it can be dropped from multi-rotor.......musn't buy Telink biplane so it can dropped from multi-rotor...........

cool planes..........thanks for the tip.....they look like perfect park flyers for a slightly crazy park flyer (me).

kloner

Aerial DP
in that video description it says

My setup as shown :
Airplane : "TELINK" 3DBUSTER
Motor : DUALSKY - XM2834EA-7 1160kv / 70g
ESC : DUALSKY - 30amp XC3012BA V2
Battery : DUALSKY - XP22503GT-S - 2250mAh 11.1v, 45C
Prop : APC 10X4.7
Spinner : YT 25mm- white
Servos: JR DS386 2kg/ 0.16sec
Arms : DuBro HD
Receiver : RG611B DMSS
Radio : JR XG8 DMSS
Ready to fly weight : 676gram / 23.845ounce

mine is
the suppo 2217 1000kv is a cruiser, 30 amp esc, 1550 25c 3s packs, parkflyer rx. mines barely enough power, but these things don't care much about adding weight. just make sure to use "welders" glue to get a really durable plane

the power kit they sell at twisted works pretty good..... key is metal gear servos so it'll crash good

hjls3

seems kloner and i might shop at the same places. i am using twisted hobby power combo...also turnigy 3s - works good. i have more or less abused the plane and she keeps on providing the fun. unfortunately i do not know what the weight is. i do know that i was not shy with the glue and she flys great. Just do it Bart! all this typing about the buster has led me to throw a battery on the charger. about to hit the backyard for some fun i the wind/

http://www.twistedhobbys.com/Power-Combo-Telink-Planes-TelinkPowerCombo.htm