I'm new to prop adapters. How do you know the output diameter?

Dune

Just ordered a set of Suppo 2814 motors that come with a 4mm nominal prop adapter to fit the 4mm motor shaft.

So what's the OD on that adapter? 5mm or 6mm?

I'm using Graupner 10 x 5 E-props. The Graupner site sells aluminum spacers but I may try and find something comparable at McMaster / the local hardware store, or make them on a lathe if I have time, so that I don't have to pay a bunch in shipping to get them here by the upcoming weekend.

The v-east spacers are ~7mm tall they say. You guys think this will work ok with the included prop adapters?

Thanks for the sanity check! It's a real bummer to get everything in and then have to wait another week cause you did the math wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I dont know about Suppo's but normally they are 6mm shaft adapters. Graupners, past the 9x5's, have a 8mm hole. Mcmaster does have these aluminum spacers that go from 6-8mm.

tstrike

pendejo grande
I got some of those from McMaster, they're a hair to long, but easy enough to cut down with a dremel, and they are tight as in need to tap them into the prop. I'd check quadrocopters.us since the op is in Seattle, I know they sell them.

Dune

I think Quadrocopter are in Montana. Anyway, they're out of stock right now! Shucks.

Looks like all McMaster has right now for metric spacers with 8mm OD --> M5 is the biggest hole.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#unthreaded-spacers/=hqv2iy

Edit: Just checked my prop stock and it's a little lower than I thought. Might have to make a v-east order after all.

Thanks dudes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dune

Turns out everyone in the US is out of the prop spacer at the moment, v-east included.

Hmm, interesting. You did the Steel-Backed PTFE-Coated Bronze?

I actually ordered some of those M5 ID spaces, figured I'd center-drill out the hole. Maybe I'll get some of these bearings too. 2 bearings from each - so you cut them in half? Sorry I'm in a rush, dont have time to think through if thats what you meant.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Yeah, the bronze bearing comes in 10mm length, I used a dremel tool and cut it in half so I ended up with 2 4mm bearings, they're a little short but they work well and they were available. McMaster ships fast too, they have all kinds of spacers and other building materials for quads. The one thing that erks me about them is they don't tell you shipping charges when you checkout, but so far each package I've gotten from them shipped Los Angles to Salt Lake has been around 7 bucks for a 12"x12" box.

Breezemont

If you need to build up a shaft to fit a prop hole consider using heat shrink tubing on the shaft.
It works great.