Drone over Denver? Near miss in the news...

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Hmm, it is not exactly clear what it was but it highlights comments I made recently about the potential for serious consequences from irresponsible FPV flying that will affect a lot of sensible RC'ers. I have no doubt that sooner or later there will be an FPV related disaster. The world is full of stupid tits who inadvertently screw up everybody else's lives. We wouldn't all have to put up with 'sleeping policeman' road bumps if it wasn't for ignorant tits.

kloner

Aerial DP
yikes, them cloud flyers gotta be more careful than that. the ufo went down the approach line backwards...........

Bowley

More likely to be a 'flyaway' at 8000ft I reckon, although Denver ASL is about 5000ft, but still 2800ft is high if it was 8000ft QNH (above sea level).
It would BE a clown who flies that high FPV.

Tomstoy2

Don't get too excited, this is the latest from the news here;

The Adams County Sheriff's Office says deputies found a 14-foot solar bag Tuesday around noon. It's basically a weather balloon that looks like a long, black pool noodle.

Macsgrafs

Im of the opinion that it was FPV, I have seen some crazy heights & distances with thier videos. But because the pilot wasnt sure...then let's settle on ET practising for the 2012 airshow season ;)