DJI NAZA 450 and Spektrum Radio, TX Failure?

leemann

Hi Guys! New to multirotors and to DJI. Have a 450 built a week or so ago with tiger motors and ESCs with a NAZA . Also am using a Spektrum DX8 with a AR8000. Been working fine other then a few times (which seem to be random). I have been flying mostly in manual mode, done about 6 or 7 flights so far. Two of the flights however I have encountered ORANGE LED flashing randomly in manual mode while in flight. The 450 seems to glitch slightly when this happens and in extreme cases is hard to control, seeming to have a mind of its own. I quickly bring it down after this happens to prevent a crash however not sure what is going on as there seems to be no pattern. Sometimes its a one or two orange LED blinks other times its very quick one after the other. I have tried rebinding several times. I know an orange LED in manual mode means TX loss but it seems so random I am not sure what I should be checking or testing. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

leemann

Will do! Although like I said its not every flight and I am not doing any long range yet only LOS and very conservative flights at that. Some flights no LED at all other then battery low, and other flights LED blinking almost right away, then can stop after a few blinks then start up again. Sometimes lots of rapid blinking other times one here or one there. All while in flight. The orange lights do seem to affect the control of flight however when more then just a blink here or there. So i didn't think it was anything to do with range. I have my satellite laid flat on the top of the back left arm. I will take some photos of the setup though.

kloner

Aerial DP
try this, undo the sat, mount it to the side of the arm back near the frame with the wire pointing up and down.

one other thing came to mind, is this a dx8 you recently got? do you know if it ever went for recalls? there were 3 i think since it came out

leemann

How would I know which ones were recalled? Any way for me to tell? I got mine about 3 months ago. Have used it on other copters seems to be ok but did have one little issue with a blade mqx once which may or may not be related.

leemann

Thanks! My DX8 starts with an HC so it doesn't seem to fall into the recall, at least from what I can tell. Any other ways to troubleshoot this?

kloner

Aerial DP
as in failsafe engaging, right? is the ar8000 or sat coming down blinking too?

I had my sat like he did for a little while and saw intermitent glitching closeby and could only get 1200 feet, as soon as i flipped it around to the right orientation, it went 2200 feet, stopped glitching in close. it made my osd menu turn on and off in flight, the aux channel glitches and turns it on and off