Naza all of the sudden flipping over. firmware?

kloner

Aerial DP
i never used a switch either, looked yesterday when was flying after reading that and my heli don't move at all plugging it in

weird, if you gave up on dji, crack that thing open and look inside. maybe it got hot/cold and let the sensor loose inside the case. there is a bunch of foam and a sensor plate in there that suppose could have let loose. would think it'd still fly manual normal though if that's all it was, guess if it was shaking and flying loose in there could make it weird in all modes.

your near salt water alot? live near a coast? no cal, right? foggy alot? generally damp?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
yurimus,
considering the fact that you live right on the bay is it possible you've got a little corrosion somewhere from the humidity and salty atmoshphere?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I guess if I live inland I might conclude to something like that. But NO!! No freaking way flying this thing 10-20 times, and half that not on the beach, would do this. Keep in mind I cant fly on the beach, so I dont anymore. Plus I live in the bay and not on the ocean. And there is no wind when I fly. Robert from DJI suggests my Naza has Alzheimers and forgot everything while in storage for a month. :)

I'll at least hand it to Jeff from Xaircraft that when I had these problems he offered to ship it back to him and/or buy it back if I wasnt totally satisfied. It seems all the "others" just say "sorry" and send out some excuses.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I found the problem! Duh. I was missing a "1" in one of the gains. So it was set to 25 instead of 125. That fixed it. the thing still eternally wants to drift right. Seems to be a common problem with the NAza.

kloner

Aerial DP
that woulda been where a screenshot coulda shortened the wait

cool you got it figured out..... yea, drift right..... sucks if you want to hover, but flying i never notice it

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I dont know why I didnt catch it. I must be getting old. As for the drift. if numerous people have this same right drift issue then why has it not been resolved? I even tried plugging in the battery at various angles to see if it compensated and it does nothing! making DennyR's comment about using a switch seem void IMO.