best motor?

Attachments

• Multicopter.jpg
    Multicopter.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 404

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
The thing I don't get is why the Plettenberg motors use collet style prop adaptors, I'd much rather a bolt-on style like all of the other heavy lift/high end motors. To me, making a high end hand built motor and then using a slide on collet adaptor makes no sense and actually seems like cheaping out on the accessories.

Ken

You can get them with a custom integrated prop adaptor with a helicoil nut like the pic I posted a few posts back.

160 grams with no cables

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
are the motors held together by the four little screws at the top of the motor's bell? maybe Plettenburg could take a basic Tiger motor and wrap/balance it to their specs? that would seem to be a winner. :)

I usually get 10-12 min with 2 4S 8000mah on my Skyjib 8 of 7700grams AUW. Everything is cold to the touch even at 30C ambient.

anaka

wow! you mean you have 16000mah total? or it's 8000 total?!?
wich lipos you use? zippy? maxamps? 8000mah are not so easy to find

anaka

for boriss, do you have these motors?

for redridinghood, 16000mah is a lot of energy and weight for fly just 10-12, so reassuming we can say that orbit engines has quite the double of weight per motor plus bigger weight of lipos becouse they need more power but everithing remains cold becouse they are not overstressed, right?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
nope i dont and i cant comment on them. I just think it is interesting what the smartdrone guys are going with the approach of very low KV what that actually means concerning stability we will see. They also have a new 4 in 1 ESC http://www.smartdrones.de/products/sd-e20a-esc.
Just wanted to comment that getting rid of any props mount stuff could be interesting, one thing less to care of.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i must say i really like this approach of getting rid of motor mounts in general. Maybe i am to brutal but after 20 times props on off i can my mounts since either the thread doesn't look healthy anymore or i have the feeling they are bent.

http://www.smartdrones.de/collections/featured/products/brushless-motors-smartmotors630

Boris

Boris,
looking at those props/motors, i'd rather have a 5 or 6M shaft with a nut to remove twenty times than those little screws with their phillips heads.

jrlederer

You can get them with a custom integrated prop adaptor with a helicoil nut like the pic I posted a few posts back.

160 grams with no cables

Hey red,
The pic you posted of the Pletty's with custom integrated prop adapter, this is how I wish mine will come. I looked a th site you referred to a couple of posts back, but none of the ones on that site seems to give the option of that modification shown in your pic. I just ordered 8 new Pletty's from the guys at Aerodron.ch and Im wondering if I need to cancel that order and go through whichever source you got yours through!?

Thanks and looking forward to your response.
Safe flying to all!!

Kindly,
Jonathan

anaka

Hi Jonanthan,
if you contact directly the producers they will show you all the models, included the one posted by redridinghood
they are very professional

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I see that most every site, primarily Droidworx, says to use Axi 2814/22 engines minimum. When checking the specs I am confused by the numbers. Basically I am comparing it to the Tmotor/avroto 2814 equivalent. The avrotos are saying it is a 350w motor, the Tmotor equivalent is saying they are 260w motors. Just curious if the avrotos qualify as a heavy lift motor in this class range.

Axi 2814/22 engines:

No. of cells (LiPo) 3-6RPM/V 765 <small style="font-size: 11px; ">Kv</small>Max. Efficiency 85%No load current 0.5<small style="font-size: 11px; ">A</small>Maximum Load 25.0<small style="font-size: 11px; ">A</small>Internal Resistance 0.168<small style="font-size: 11px; ">Ω</small>Diameter 35.00<small style="font-size: 11px; ">mm</small> <small style="font-size: 11px; ">(1.38")</small>Length 37.00<small style="font-size: 11px; ">mm</small> <small style="font-size: 11px; ">(1.46")</small>Shaft Diameter 4.00<small style="font-size: 11px; ">mm</small> <small style="font-size: 11px; ">(0.16")</small>Max. Efficiency Current 8-19AGlow Equivalent N/AWeight 106.0<small style="font-size: 11px; ">g</small> <small style="font-size: 11px; ">(3.7oz.)

Avroto:

• Weight approximately 100 grams not including wires.
  • External Dimensions 35mm D x 36mm L
  • Stator Dimensions 28mm D x 14mm L
  • Internal Shaft diameter 4mm.
  • Prop Adapter diameter 6mm.
  • No-load speed: 770 rpm / V
  • Ri (Internal Resistance) 100
  • Io (no load current) 0.5A
  • Voltage for Io measurement 10V
  • Current capacity 25A/180s
  • Watts: 350
  • Lipo cell 3-4
  • Wire length 600mm
  • 14magnets 12 stator arms 12N 14P

T-motor 2814-10:

View attachment 4592
</small>

Attachments

• tmotor 2814.jpg
    tmotor 2814.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 308

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
japp i am pretty sure they are OEM tiger motors. You can asked achta a user here in the forum who is using them and is more than happy with them. He has a couple heavy lifts and if i understood correctly he switched his plettenbergs to the KW8.

Boris