My first DJI Naza experience.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I was so happy to find that the USB was actually at fault. but only after 3-5 times pluggin into the pc the USB port literally snapped out of the PMU/USB module. The soldering joints failed under the lightest pressure. I like to think I am a pretty tactile person. So i take it to the park since the settings and all the calibration were done before the USB broke. Right before the heli starts to go down I can hear a weird buzzing noise. Motor? RFI? I think i felt like I got control of it again right at the very end but it was too hard to tell the orientation of the heli at that point. Very durable though. I only broke 1 prop! amazing. I forgot how little I like the gopro's fisheye and low light characteristics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
somewhere in the world there must be a most-tumbles-in-a-crash-landing contest that you could win with that. is it still flyable or did something in the onboard brain go to hell?

kloner

Aerial DP
jeez, that was pretty cool

So that noise sounded to me just like my dji motors after my first flip on the ground from having the sensor not mounted right and it had slightly bent the barrel or main shaft just enough so when the motor tries to spin 10k it makes a bearing growl. judging by the vibes in the LG, looks like it was a decent one. The shafts bend easy, the bearing races fail when you look at em wrong. When a bearing rattles, it drags down the rpm in said motor and makes the rest fight to counter the problem. it almost sounded like you had 2 going at the same time.

I also had a battery fall out at 20 feet up and shut her down mid flight. That's when i really smoked the motors. it broke one ear off one prop, and bent everything in 2 motors. If you hold the frame under a motor and spin it and feel it, you got a problem. When there perfect, you can't feel a thing but the magnets

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Th weird buzzing noise is the GoPro rattling in its case, they all do that if there's enough vibration present to shake things up. I have several of my own videos with the same noise only to a slightly lesser degree...

Ken

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
That was my first flight. It flew perfectly for about 3 minutes. Then when it gained altitude, of course, it just started acting weird. Not like a complete loss of signal but more like erratic behavior. The gopro has 4 foam pads in the back that keep it from rattling. I can say that 2 of the motors felt very loose and sounded strange when I got them. So far, 1 destroyed PC, 2 usb modules bad, 2 odd motors. All this aside, I LOVE flying this thing! So much fun to fly with less than $1000 in the air. Still too much to go haywire. But this is so durable, it's the perfect fun flyer.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Yeah me too. Even if the sound was the gopro shaking in its case, the sound starts out of no where and that is also when things went south. I am told that DJI may or may not warranty faulty motors. Can anyone say XAIRCRAFT? EX-AHER-KRAFT.