need help with my new dji naza

zx12rcarl

hello all
ive just bin out and got a f450 frame and a dji naza after playing around with a quad-x i made that had a kk plus 5.5... what can i say im hooked on quads now
anyway back to my probs... got the frame setup put my naza, futaba fm on the frame put my hacker outrunners on and put the old esc on that i had from my
old quad... all looks ok so i installed the drivers and dji program and started the setup of naza... ive done the setup loads of time now and all i get when i plus
my batt to the naza is the led flashers then i get the 4 green flashers then i get yellow flashers like *----*----*----*----* and so on... and when i move my
controls i get what looks like 2 yellow flashers over and over again like this **----**----**----**----** till i let go of the controls then is gos back to 1 yellow
fashing. and i have seen video of the naza power up and they get 2 beeps from the motors then a 1234 beep or tune. all i get is beeps from all my motors like
beep-------beep-------beep and so on.
now ive tryed loads of things to get this working bin over the setup tons of time. not in failsafe mode or anything sticks do what they shud.
just can not get it to start the motors. starting to think its my esc but they work fine on my old quad with the kk plus.
i have got some new 25a one coming monday to try but other than that im lost :(

i hope so much someone out there can help me please
dont no what more i can try

thanks carl

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
Hi, have you followed the manual page 13 ?

Both sticks down and right or left.

Start Motor

: Pushing throttle stick before takeoffwill not start motors. You have to execute any one of following four CombinationStickCommands(CSC)to start motors:

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
try to post some screenshots from your setup in naza assistant,

have you set your endpoints right on the switch for M and A mode

zx12rcarl

yes jetforce 100% sure that is setup dont get any blue in the failsafe... only blue in the A and the M when i switch

zx12rcarl

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 300
  • setup0.jpg
    setup0.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 292
  • setup2.jpg
    setup2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 288
  • setup3.jpg
    setup3.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 290
  • setup4.jpg
    setup4.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 301
Last edited by a moderator:

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
what about calibration, trottle-range on your ESC`s direct from receiver brfore conneting to naza

zx12rcarl

wow bit of a noob... how do i do that. i dont even no what make the old esc are that i have tryed. thats why ive got 4 new ones coming
but only found out tonite not all will work lol

oh one more thing ... do i need the red wire from the esc to the naza. ive tryed it without

Last edited by a moderator:

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
Try to do this for each esc, only with your receiver throttle channel.

1. Connect the ESC to a motor and receiver. DO NOT connect a battery yet.
2. Turn on your transmitter. Move the throttle stick to the full power position (all the way up).
3. Connect the ESC to a battery. You will hear a tone and two beeps. Immediately after the two beeps, move the throttle stick to the off position. await beep.
4. Disconnect the battery from the ESC. Now the ESC is ready to use with your transmitter.

No you must cut red wire if your ESC has BEC

zx12rcarl

well no joy trying that....
i connect esc to motor... turn on tx... move throttle to full power then connect batt... i get a tone then 3 beeps then i drop the throttle... then i get 2 beeps then after 3 or 4 sec i get a longer beep.
i did note on just one esc after the 2 beeps i get music playing like i use to on my kk plus quad. but only with one esc. plus when i do all that i move the sick after the last beeps and the motor spin up.
tryed it all diff ways batt connect when sick is up..... batt connect when sick is down... seems to do the same things

anyway i did it to all esc and then plug them all into naza and still no joy :(
only thing i can try now is on monday night i shud have them hobbyKing Red Brick ESC to try so will pray they work lol
other than that i will have to ring quadcopters uk and try get hold of the bloke see if he can help

thanks load for all you time and help lars you have been a star mate :)

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
Sorry that it did not work, but im sure it will work with your new ESC`s

Let me know wenn you get them running.

zx12rcarl

Lol yup will do mate... I'm on it as soon as I get back for work :)
I do hope it esc and not a prob with the naza.
Say what esc's do you run. Is there a list out there of what esc's work with the naza.
Trying to find info on stuff like that seems to be hard to find.

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
i use the one witch comes with the kit,

a list will be difficult to find, there are a lot of different opinions out there

kloner

Aerial DP
if it's hooked up sbus you got the assistant set to traditional.

the esc is what makes the motors sing a tune, not the naza. they should sound just like they always booted up as, usually one of the tones tells ya how many cell lipo is plugged in, naza esc's dont.

I think it's not suppose to matter, but i've been locked out like this in A mode, when i flipped it over to M mode, it'll fire right up.

zx12rcarl

Tim.... Yes runnin a fm Futaba tx and I've got the throttle reversed.

Kloner.... Yes I understand it the motors making the tune... That's good info about the number of beep the motor makes when
I'm trying to setup the esc with the throttle. But like I say... Tried all sorts to get it working and all that I get is batt pluged in
Then the motors beep 3 time i think Then I get the naza startup led flash thing and then the 4 green flash then the motors keep beeping every 3 or 4 sec over n over... And I'm getting a yellow flash led every 3 or 4 sec and I then try to arm the motors and then I get 2 yellow flash every 3or 4 sec.

This is so crazy... I've tried all sorts... Like I say I can only put it down to the esc now.
So rollon tomorrow when I get 4 new esc to try

It killin me not to be out with it :)

kloner

Aerial DP
when an esc sits there beeping, that means it was never armed. usually means it hasn't seen zero at the throttle. is there a throttle trim switch maybe not all the way down?

Have you calibrated the esc's?

zx12rcarl

You see on that video I get all the led fash the same but after the 4 greens I get yellow every 3 sec...
But he gets a 2 beep like me then he gets a 1234beep.... I don't get that at all.