Anyone have issues with DJI USB errors?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I feel like I am going through the Xaircraft problems all over again! I have tried 2 different PC's now and neither of them seem to recognize the USB. It says, found new USB hardware but then it says something is not right and may work properly. So far I have seen no activity on the assistant software. On the Xaircraft there was a special USB driver you had to go hunt down on the site and download. My god damn brain hurts from 5+ hours of working on these PC's. It is ridiculous how much extra work it takes to do tasks that should take seconds or minutes. Anyways, is anyone familiar with this problem?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I guess the answer does not matter as I just literally punched the screen in on my PC. I had to give the other OC away. the heli's got to go. i cant use PC products if this is a requirement. The anger involved is above my threshold of patience. So now that I am about $9000 into this it's time to sell the lot before I break the Helis too. I actually remember now what i did to my last PC, I took every board out and stuck into my 42 ton punch and popped 1 " holes everywhere. then I drove over it with the forklift and hung the remains on a cable and wacked it with a baseball bat.

For sale: Everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** you Bill GAtes

danproud

Hi IsisAerial, did you ever find an answer to this? I'm having the same problem now and same FRUSTRATION too. Ok...

Firstly I tried I setup the assistant software on my mac, using Fusion with Windows 7. No luck, just a blue light on the MC and no apparent communication to the software at all. So next, I tried a friends PC with windows vista. I installed the 32-bit USB driver (yes I checked its a 32-bit OS). Same thing, no USB connection. The read/write buttons seem to be greyed out.

I'm at the end of my patience and cant find much help on this. Any ideas anyone?? Maybe I'll have to go for MK after all, this program seems hopeless.

kloner

Aerial DP
dan, did you plug in a battery to the naza then open the assistant? does a green light come on where you pluged in the usb wire?

danproud

dan, did you plug in a battery to the naza then open the assistant? does a green light come on where you pluged in the usb wire?

Hi Koiner, its the Wookong, but yes I firstly plugged in the battery, then opened the assistant. Nothing happens... just a solid blue light on the MC.

Do I need to have cut the red ESC's for this to work?

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
if the esc's have a built in bec then yes. you can pull back the little clip on the connector and slide it out, i usually fold them back and heat shrink em in case i need it later....

mailman35

the real fun would be reversing the com protocols that are used to read and write the data from the FC's and port this to linux :p
and as far as getting the driver installed, i just waited till windows errored out then installed it manually, the applet isnt really needed.