WMK TOP tips...

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
As the DJI WKM is gathering momentum in the MR world (guess thats a bit of an understatement) I was considering what were peeps top tips, what have they found that makes the DJI WKM experience a bit more.... user friendly.. perform better.. ?

So I thought I would start it off with my top tip for keeping flying pack after pack in GPS mode.

My 450 frame wheel is proving to be the most effective, most transportable, quickest to deploy, most reliable, most constant flight characteristics and generally the first thing I reach for.. so one problem is the GPS lock on time. Sometimes its quick sometimes it takes a while..so my tip is this.. I have soldered a pair of wires onto the Deans power plug and put on a JST plug on the end of the wires.. when I have flown my first pack under GPS lock on and need to change the flight pack I simply plug in a little 400 mah 3 cell pack while I change the main flight pack. This way I do not loose power to the satellite lock on and can fly straight back out with maximum sats locked on..

Only down side right now is that the if the low battery monitor has activated its not deactivated until you disconnect the battery and power up with a fresh one. So I have deactivated low battery warning and rely on my lipo alarm set a 3.5 volts...

Any more ideas?

Dave

dma251

Thats a great tip! Thanks for that! I hope soon I will have some tips to contribute, but right now I am just soaking up everyone else's...

Sebas600

Better support on the redundancy.

MK is better on that.

lost a prop on WKM octo and did not compensate at all. With the MK is just gives a wobble and keeps going...

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Better support on the redundancy.

MK is better on that.

lost a prop on WKM octo and did not compensate at all. With the MK is just gives a wobble and keeps going...

Aye up Sebas600 this is a thread on tips that work.. Ill go start a WKM wish list thread..

Dave

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
When setting up your Heli in the assistant for the first time, make double sure that the direction of the imu is correct. Otherwise, you WILL loose a finger :)

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk