Can't get the camera gimball working

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
So I have enabled the gimbal in the assistant, set default settings. Connected the 2 servos to ports F1 and F2. (orange signal wire only) + and - go to a separate battery. When I plug the servos into the power, the main tilt servo just jitters like it's at the end of its tether, the roll servo clicks and then stops. None turn when I tilt the heli!! The servos are brand new, battery fully charged.

Do I have to use the same battery that the heli is connected to for some strange reason?

Any other suggestions? I'm going spare here, my fingers are frozen outside in the shed, and I want to fix this before I go in!

Cheers,

Gunter.

Sebas600

Yes you need to use a ubec so you can use your main battery.
the white signal wire only functions when the - pole of the servo and the MC are from the same battery

what gimbal are you using? what voltage are you looking for?

for the AV200 with 6.5v:

Traco power 1-2465

http://nl.farnell.com/tracopower/tsr...sip/dp/1696321

Small, light weight, cheap, variable power input, perfect!

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Ah, I think you have answered my question! I am using a ubec, but from a different battery. I will now try and connect it to the heli battery and see if it works!

Thanks!

Gunter.

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
Gunter, I think it should work with 2nd battery but you need to connect both grounds for the batts. Preferably there is also a ground on the servo side connecting to the DJI servo rail. It should work.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Gunter, I think it should work with 2nd battery but you need to connect both grounds for the batts. Preferably there is also a ground on the servo side connecting to the DJI servo rail. It should work.

Thanks...I just connected it to the main heli battery and it works perfectly...well, as good as a MK gimbal can work anyway :(

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Boris, it's a MK highsight with new servos, after I blew the other servos up! Seems to work fine, but the gimbal itself is utter ****e. There is a lot of movement sideways so I think it's going to wobble when in flight.

I think I need to find a new one.

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk