DJI Phantom 4 Drone Adventures -VIDS-

nickt916

Did a hovering test of the phantom 4, i had to know, it did fairly good to what was promised, the question is, is hovering harder on the battery or flying around at a constant 10-15mph ?

Todd Pals

I'm not sure about hover vs. moving, but a lot of factors go into the battery life. Temp, wind conditions, humidity, elevation, ground effect, etc. I would say like many product manufacturer ratings, the advertised flight time is optimistic at best. Very cool test however, thank you for the video. It's good to test your equipment like this so you will know the limits.

nickt916

I'm not sure about hover vs. moving, but a lot of factors go into the battery life. Temp, wind conditions, humidity, elevation, ground effect, etc. I would say like many product manufacturer ratings, the advertised flight time is optimistic at best. Very cool test however, thank you for the video. It's good to test your equipment like this so you will know the limits.

good point, i will have to try and compare to do both soon, it will likely be with the Mavic. Ill do a hover test and then a flying maybe in a circle test and see what it does.

nickt916

we had a new born, wife went to the store, i wanted to fly the drone,... doesnt mean i cant use the drone to walk the baby to sleep right?!!

Disclaimer: don't try this at home with your baby, this was performed by a professional on a closed course, for demonstration and educational purposes only, and no baby was hurt or present in the stroller during this presentation.
Category

Todd Pals

haha, that was funny.

Another thoght on your circle test would be to use the point of interest feature, let it circle automatically to remove any sudden acceleration which could use more battery.

nickt916

weather was pretty nice with some nice clouds, set it up in the sky for about 20 minutes. in future timelapses i need to do some stabalized in post for a smoother timelapse.

bogwan

Hovering takes less power than forward motion. Turns take the most juice from the batteries as well as full throttle flight. JustFYI

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk