Dji Inspire 2 - first pictures

Nooky

Hi together,

this morning I found first information about the Dji INSPIRE 2: Article

I am a bit upset because I received my Dji Inspire 1 some days ago and now there will be already a version 2?
If I had got this information before, I would have waited for the new one..

Has anybody of you already seen some more pictures / information?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Considering that DJI just applied for the Micro 4/3 licensing why would they go with an antiquated camera like the 5D? No 4K and WAY too heavy when a GH4 can shoot 4K and is 1/2 the weight. I think this is false.

I see DJI just adding different gimbals to strap onto the Inspire 1 that will support their own Cinema DJI 4K camera with a higher bit rate and support of several micro 4/3 lenses... my 2 cents.

The current camera is just not good enough for some applications, if the bit rate was higher and the lens better... BAM.. all sold in 1 sec.

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
Considering that DJI just applied for the Micro 4/3 licensing why would they go with an antiquated camera like the 5D? No 4K and WAY too heavy when a GH4 can shoot 4K and is 1/2 the weight. I think this is false.
Making a drone to carry a Canon 5D makes perfekt sense to me. 1) It is requested by users/customers. 2) It has a 35mm sensor which has 4x the area of a m4/3. 3) It can film in RAW when using Magic Lantern.

Sure, if 4K is what you need, hook up a GH4 instead. If you need dynamic range or low light performance, the 5D rocks.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Making a drone to carry a Canon 5D makes perfekt sense to me. 1) It is requested by users/customers. 2) It has a 35mm sensor which has 4x the area of a m4/3. 3) It can film in RAW when using Magic Lantern.

Sure, if 4K is what you need, hook up a GH4 instead. If you need dynamic range or low light performance, the 5D rocks.

It's nice, but loosing favor. There was the 5D MIII time when the studios were asking for the "Gritty 5-7D look" (compared to the reds or arris) but I think those days are numbered. Low light is nice, but a A7r looks better than the 5D in low light.. and shoots 4K...

AHHHHH technology... such an evil woman... can't keep up!
:D

Fenton

The GH4 in most aspects can cover what I need. Although it would be nice to have more control and zoom. On the flipside, I really would like to have a separate camera for the operator.

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
Low light is nice, but a A7r looks better than the 5D in low light.. and shoots 4K...
The A7R is a different totally different beast. It has a 35 mm sensor just like the 5D, but with higher resolution, and no heavy mirror or pentaprism. But from what I understand it can not shoot 4K.

SamaraMedia

Nooky, there will always be a new model coming out, we will never get ahead of this tech cycle. Camera look a little small in that illustration, maybe photoshopped in? As Sleepy said, they have applied for Micro 4/3 licensing and I thought I read here a while ago they also signed an agreement with Sony, or Olympus or Panasonic (or all the above) to help develop a new camera.