First FPV Build!

Patar

Once again I have returned for advice. This time I'm looking for advice on my fpv build. So here's the part list:

1.TBS Discovery with the tbs core
2. Naza V2
3. Motors - I really want to know your opinion ($20-30 range)
4. ESC's - I really want to know your opinion
5. 9x5 Graupner E-Props
6. Predator V2 Bundle
7. SpiroNet 5.8 Ghz RPSMA
8. TBS Greenhorn
9. GoPro Hero 3 Black
10. Dx7s or 8j probably going to by used

If I'm forgetting anything give a shout. Also I'm wondering how do people achieve long range like lets say 4 miles tops and would I be able to incorporate this with a future ground station.

Thanks,

Pat

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Pat,

SunnySky 2212 980kv props, no other choice comes close for a 450 size build, run them on 4S.

Afro 30A, again nothing really is as good at the price.

Get a used T8FG Super, do not get Spektrum for quads.

Get a Core Pro rather than a Core.

Pete

Rgolfer

Gearing Up to Fly
Pat,

SunnySky 2212 980kv props, no other choice comes close for a 450 size build, run them on 4S.

Afro 30A, again nothing really is as good at the price.

Get a used T8FG Super, do not get Spektrum for quads.

Get a Core Pro rather than a Core.

Pete

Just curious, why not a Spektrum for quads?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Spektrum will work fine but Futaba is better, if you already have Spektrum then fine, if you have neither then go for Futaba or if you want really cheap then go for Taranis, the same things apply.

1. Bind holds better, I use both, Spektrum connections need to be re-bound from time to time, have never had to do that with Futaba.
2. Receiver connection will reconnect faster if it is lost.
3. All receivers are diversity out of the packet, no need for satellite receivers to achieve this.
4. All antenna's are nice and long out of the packet so far easier to position them clear of all the gear on a quad.
5. FrSky sells great CPPM and S-Bus receivers at a fraction of the cost of any other receiver that are perfect for quads.

Cheers

Pete

Rgolfer

Gearing Up to Fly
Spektrum will work fine but Futaba is better, if you already have Spektrum then fine, if you have neither then go for Futaba or if you want really cheap then go for Taranis, the same things apply.

1. Bind holds better, I use both, Spektrum connections need to be re-bound from time to time, have never had to do that with Futaba.
2. Receiver connection will reconnect faster if it is lost.
3. All receivers are diversity out of the packet, no need for satellite receivers to achieve this.
4. All antenna's are nice and long out of the packet so far easier to position them clear of all the gear on a quad.
5. FrSky sells great CPPM and S-Bus receivers at a fraction of the cost of any other receiver that are perfect for quads.

Cheers

Pete

thanks,

Good info but guess I'll struggle along with my JR 9503 for awhile.

kloner

Aerial DP
it's a different link and fpv will expose that for ya when you start getting brave and trying something more than high flying. your radio is a contender for the ezuhf plug in module for jr radios and that would fix everything if you get sick of failsafing.

for fpv theres 2 super important gauges i struggle without "going for it".... voltage and rssi..... but a new pilot can really struggle navigating and having something like tbs core pro with gps is it'll let ya go get lost and show ya home,,, show speeds, etc.

Rgolfer

Gearing Up to Fly
it's a different link and fpv will expose that for ya when you start getting brave and trying something more than high flying. your radio is a contender for the ezuhf plug in module for jr radios and that would fix everything if you get sick of failsafing.

for fpv theres 2 super important gauges i struggle without "going for it".... voltage and rssi..... but a new pilot can really struggle navigating and having something like tbs core pro with gps is it'll let ya go get lost and show ya home,,, show speeds, etc.

Ezuhf plug in module? that doesn't seem to be covered in the operating manual. I'm so new at this I don' have a clue what you are talking about.

kloner

Aerial DP
go fly what you got, when you get used to it and wanna get going beyond it's capabilities you'll find out about it all.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
thanks,

Good info but guess I'll struggle along with my JR 9503 for awhile.

A flying buddy just retired his 9503, great radio but getting a bit old and was dropping out some of the time, not good, sold him a Taranis and EZUHF module.

Last edited by a moderator: