Lightweight gimbal for camcorders?

Buzz_Roavr

I've got the GentWire on mine if you want to get a shot somewhen. It seems useful for inspection work but that about it.

Ronan

Reminds me i need to buy that LANC cable with the multi-10 adapter. Any idea where to buy it in NA? It's to control the camera zoom from my transmitter.

kloner

Aerial DP
for something small and light like that i'd look at rc timers collection. Ipower might have something too, both those places kinda have a decent reputation...... i'd suggest sticking with alexmos based systems

Ronan

Anyone want to chim in before i pull the trigger and pray i'm not wasting money... Currently looking at the AV130 but there's so little information about it (and its sold out pretty much everywhere...).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronan

I think I have world record here :)
1kg AUW incl. 60x zoom camcorder and FPV gear,
no legs needed - the quad takes off and lands on the gimbal
no carbon used, all metal and fiberglass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7McGOCrz6Q4

Nice! I use a hexacopter with a 10x optical BOSS stabilized sony hd camcorder mounted on a infinityM gimbal. This lets me fly it and get a pretty good FPV view and back-stream the live view to my 7" monitor + a larger monitor for the experts to look at and make the calls.

It's also quick to setup different payload (infrared, 2k and even 4k camera's) depending on what i'm needed for.

I get nearly 20 mins of flight time, what about you?