F450 Naza V2 or Pixhawk?

I will be building an F450 soon and I cannot decide between the Naza V2 or the Pixhawk! I have heard many people saying stay away from Naza and buy a Pixhawk. I know the capabilities and limitations of both, but I cannot decide! Please help :/

Which of the two will keep a multi rotor in the smallest 3DCQ possible (tightest position hold in x,y,z) ?

Av8Chuck

DJI's are great, right up to the point they fly uncontrollably.

If you want the best position and hold then look at SuperX.

Actually, I don't know if its the best, never flown Pixhawk, but its much better the NAZA.

I just checked out SuperX, and it looks like a very good and stable FC. I am considering getting into the AP business and possibly inspection services for engineering application (here in Canada). It appears this FC has outstanding reliability.

Av8Chuck

I just checked out SuperX, and it looks like a very good and stable FC. I am considering getting into the AP business and possibly inspection services for engineering application (here in Canada). It appears this FC has outstanding reliability.

It really depends on what your trying to do.

I don't like DJI, so I'm biased against it. I had two fly away's, one caused serious injury so I don't trust them. So at least you know where I'm coming from..

I've had quite a few different controllers, the Hoverfly Pro was by far the one I trusted to carry $5000 worth of camera, unfortunately HF kind of disappeared from the scene so that's when I discovered the SuperX. After XAircraft's earlier sketchy attempts at building flight controllers I was very skeptical of the SuperX, a bit pricey for as basic as it is but after flying it for a couple of hours it was pretty obvious how stable it is.

I've heard good things about the Pixhawk so I'll probably get one of those to test it out but the SuperX has certainly earned my trust. How much weight are you planning on lifting? Also what kind of camera's and sensors?

jfro

Aerial Fun
I will be building an F450 soon and I cannot decide between the Naza V2 or the Pixhawk! I have heard many people saying stay away from Naza and buy a Pixhawk. I know the capabilities and limitations of both, but I cannot decide! Please help :/

Which of the two will keep a multi rotor in the smallest 3DCQ possible (tightest position hold in x,y,z) ?

I have a Naza v2, Pixhawk, & Xaircraft. The best flying 450 and 550 I've had were the Naza. I'm still learning the Pixhawk and it has more features, but if I were just filming, I'd go with the Naza. I've had it about 12 months now and never had an issue. I'm very carefull about the sequence for startup and also check my radio controls with the Naza software.

I now have the xaircraft on a 650mm/ 400kv quad and it flies pretty decently, but when it get's windy, I'm not satisfied that I have it set up right.

I now have my Naza on a 18lb x8 and I love the way it flies. Again, the Naza on my 450 900kv motors and later on the 400kv 650 flew great.

I think all are pretty good on position hold with GPS when set up properly. I've gotten good and bad results at different times on all three. Maybe not enough experience to give you a good answer on that question.

Thanks! The SuperX just seems really pricey for such a basic FC. So far the Pixhawk has my interest, im just concerned with all the tuning required. The possibility of a Naza fly-away scares me.. What normally causes these?

Av8Chuck

That's the $64,000 question.

You'll hear all sorts of explanations, the fact that there are so many explanations should tell you something.

Its possible to have problems with all FC's but for me the DJI's just did weird things. I've been debating building an X8 with the SuperX, if I do I'll let you know how it goes. Also something to consider is that most people carrying expensive camera's fly in manual. Some of that might be because the people being hired to fly Red's etc., have been doing AP since before GPS, I try to make my MR's as simple as possible with as little extraneous components as possible so there's less to troubleshoot if there is a problem. The SuperX is very easy to setup, I like basic.

Av8Chuck

It has ports that you can control servo driven gimbals, but I think DJI is the only one that connects to the Zenmuse gimbal. But as far as I know all other brushless gimbals use a separate gimbal controller so you don't need to connect to the FC.

There are probably more naza flight controllers out there than any other. Statistically speaking, we are bound to read about more fly-always due to that.

jfro

Aerial Fun

This might help with position hold for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f6oDVQwUPwU

That makes perfect sense to adjust mag. declination! Heres a new question; My theoretical AUW is 1400 g. I have decided on SunnySky V2216's, but I dont know if its better to go with the 900 kV or 800 kV version? T-Motors are just too pricey for me.