Xaircraft Hexa Motor?

Idahobell

Banned
I am building an Xaircraft Hexa and am going use the T-Motor 2216 motors but do I use the 800kv or 900kv? I plan on using a 4S Lipo battery.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I don't know much about the XAircraft MR offerings but the general rule is as follows:
Smaller MRs with shorter motor arms tend to use higher kv motors. Whereas the longer motor arm lengths that allow for larger prop diameters use lower KV motors since lower KV is much more efficient especially when turning larger diameter props.
My Cinestar 8 has 1100 mm motor arms that allow for 15 x 5.5 props. That in turn requires me to require motors that offer much higher torque (with a tradeoff on the motor speed). So I am using Tiger-4014-11 motors which are 400 KV.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Good advice Av8chuck..... Some serious homework is needed to keep on the right path with a DIY system and eCalc can provide great insight.
As all up weight increases, it is important to get the motor KV lowered to optimize the efficiency so as to achieve maximum flight time.

It really depends on what your trying to accomplish, how much weight do you want to lift, how long do you want to be airborne etc.. You need to balance the right motors, props, size and weight with endurance.

You need to use a chart like this: http://kdedirect.com/files/KDE_Direct_3510XF-475_M-R_Performance_V2.pdf or ecalc to determine the right setup.