Naza v1 upgrade options??

gringers

Preoccupied
I thought the main reason to go PMU V2 was the zenmuse? Or is that just an incorrect/random memory? What else does the latest firmware offer?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
To use the V4.xx firmware you don't need the V2 LED but you may if you wish upgrade, if you have an earlier V1 then you need to mod the cable for the new LED to work.

The PMU is only needed if you want to use extra features such as the iOSD or Mini OSD, if you swap to the new LED you must use a PMU to provide the BEC function that the old V1 LED provided.

Pete

jer

I downloaded the latest Naza assistance and doesn't detect my v1. I'm still running 1.0 firmware.

Wonder if I need to step up the versions?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Do you have a Lite or a V1, the Lite cannot be upgraded, the V1 can be.

You should not need to step up versions.

If the firmware is showing in the Lite software as V1.0 then it is a Lite and at this time cannot be upgraded.

If you do have a V1 your USB driver may not be working correctly, go back and re-install the driver being careful to ensure that you follow the instructions exactly.

Pete

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I am running a basic setup on a DJI450 frame with a Naza Lite with no GPS just as a fun machine for LOS flying they are fine, a flying buddy uses one on a quad with gimbal with GPS and it works fine, he gets great footage, nothing wrong with the Lite with V1 firmware, basic but it works.

Pete