Problem Switching From Tradional To S-Bus!

adanac

F450 - Naza V1 - Futaba T8J and R2008SB

I have switched from traditional to S-Bus and have made the change in the Naza Assistant. Powered everything down and then back up again but I have no communication between the radio and flight controller. Help!

SamaraMedia

I have a similar question. I'm using s-bus on my quad with a NAZA fc but had to replace an esc after a crash so I'm wondering how do I set the throttle calibration for the new esc? Using Turnigy Plush 25a's. Should I bind my rx/tx in traditional mode and plug into the throttle port, calibrate then bind in s-bus mode and run the NAZA assistant to calibrate the tx?

Thanks,

John

adanac

OneStop, I didn't know that but appear to have figured out my problem. I mis-read the diagram on the RX and therefore plugged into port #8, instead of horizontal S-Bux port hiding below. I now have communication. Now to figure out how to set the darn thing up!

I keep getting confused by the idea of "mix" and something spelled GER but pronounced "gear."

Ok, now you know you have to set the RX to use S-Bus right?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Just make sure your radio is set for Acrobatic mode and not Helicopter, DJI does state this in the manual. It can be confusing to set up, but I am sure you can do it.. Take your time, watch the videos, pause, rewind and keep watching till you set it like Ali has. You will learn what the function is for and why it is like that.

adanac

I think I may have watched one or more of his videos before. Does he show how to make a completely independent failsafe switch? If I recall correctly, his failsafe set up depends on your being in a particular flight mode, meaning that I'd have to have the presence of mind to be in the correct flight mode before triggering failsafe.

I was looking at the video linked below to help me set up a completely independent failsafe mode that allows you go go into failsafe regardless of flight mode. This guy calls it "forced."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbLStDU5ccU

Just make sure your radio is set for Acrobatic mode and not Helicopter, DJI does state this in the manual. It can be confusing to set up, but I am sure you can do it.. Take your time, watch the videos, pause, rewind and keep watching till you set it like Ali has. You will learn what the function is for and why it is like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I think I may have watched one or more of his videos before. Does he show how to make a completely independent failsafe switch? If I recall correctly, his failsafe set up depends on your being in a particular flight mode, meaning that I'd have to have the presence of mind to be in the correct flight mode before triggering failsafe.

I was looking at the video linked below to help me set up a completely independent failsafe mode that allows you go go into failsafe regardless of flight mode. This guy calls it "forced."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbLStDU5ccU

Yeah, I think so. I set my radio up like that too. I do have it both ways, on the flight control and the failsafe switch.