a new micro...anyone seen this?

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
Well, the little thing finally shipped and I have mine in front of me. Unfortunately, it seems maybe the ESCs need calibration or something, and I can't get it to start up. The ESC calibration sequence doesn't seem to match what it's supposed to do according to the APM wiki. I've sent off a support request, but they're suspiciously absent from the forums, Facebook and Twitter. Clearly they do exist, as they shipped a really nice retail package. But I'm a little worried...

IMG_1919.jpg

Old Man

In your next communications with them attach a link to this thread. See how fast they respond then.

I saw these guys on a tech-oriented shark tank type show. I am surprised to see the booms are still 3D printed, as I figured that was something they would do away with after the prototype.

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
I saw these guys on a tech-oriented shark tank type show. I am surprised to see the booms are still 3D printed, as I figured that was something they would do away with after the prototype.
The arms are not 3D printed. They appear to be mass-produced plastic. And not very strong.

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
cost and what motivated you to buy/try it?
I thought it'd be nice to have a super portable RC multirotor that I could leave in my car and/or travel with. My other copters are much more significant investments in time and complexity to get 'em in the air. There are times I think it'd be nice to just say "I love the view from this road...lemme grab a picture". It seemed like a good idea at the time. Still could be. Waiting on some spare parts.

ChrisErl

Wow that's a lot for what you get. Hobbyking just released the trifecta frame which could be setup with mini apm and FPV gear. It also has a more robust look to it IMO.

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
Wow that's a lot for what you get. Hobbyking just released the trifecta frame which could be setup with mini apm and FPV gear. It also has a more robust look to it IMO.
Remember, this started as a Kickstarter about a year ago. It was a decent package back then. Had it been delivered when originally promised instead of six months late, it might have been a different story.

Kilby

I know the Airdroids CEO pretty well. From what I have heard, he has more or less taken a job with google and walked away from Airdroids. I was told that he had no more plans for the company after their kickstarter orders finally shipped. It's a shame since they had a lot of opportunity in front of them. They really started the kickstarter drone craze when they raised close to a million dollars with their campaign.

I'll do some digging and see if I can find out anything else. Sorry for your troubles.

ChrisErl

Remember, this started as a Kickstarter about a year ago. It was a decent package back then. Had it been delivered when originally promised instead of six months late, it might have been a different story.

Yah one forgets how quickly things change with this stuff. I guess that's why we see companies releasing production models that are really just betas. They want to be first to market

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
there is incredible pressure from the day you green light a project to be in the market with it as nothing is being patented and any number of people can be secretly working on similar concepts. i tried, i waved the white flag after a small handful of orders.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
although i do have a new idea in my head (I mentioned it briefly to you one time @Kilby; ) that might make a nice kickstarter project

Kilby

OP, you should be able to get in touch with them soon. I know they are still filling orders, so they haven't closed shop or anything.