DJI North America - customer support?

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had information about what is happening with the offices of DJI North America? At the end of September 2013, one of my producers had rough landing with a Phantom and H3-2D attached. The Phantom faired very well considering it took a 35ft tumble with only one broken prop and a slightly bent shell. After the incident I contacted the offices of DJI NA in Austin and was instructed to send my H3-2D back for repair. Well fast forward two months and there's no response from the individual in Austin that issued the RMA. An email to their US general inquiry number refers to a phone number setup somewhere in Southern California. Does anyone know what the current status of DJI's new office in Los Angeles? Maybe some of the DJI product reps can chime in here. For a company that seems to be selling product very well they have some obvious shortcomings in customer support for professional use. If they're at the NAB Convention this upcoming year, I'll make sure to ask for my gimbal back.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Thanks for posting Hurricane (odd first name, your parents not like you? :) )

Please let us know what you find out.

cootertwo

My guess is that all these roto copter companies are totally over loaded with trying to catch up with holiday orders, handling the gazillion customer questions, complaints, law suits, etc. etc. I have 5 roto copters right now. Sort of looking at it as stocking up on ammunition, as I expect the gobment to try to control their use soon. Permits, license, "tags" prof of insurance, etc. etc.

I think I should post a quick conclusion to this thread. I was able to talk to some people from DJI in person at the NAB show in Las Vegas. One of their product reps, probably from the Chinese headquarters just gave me the typical company line and redirected me to the US phone support. I went back to their booth the next day and talked to Mitchell of Aerial Media Pros. Mitchell took some time to listen to my issue and indicated that even the dealers have to call the same number.

I waited a couple weeks after the show in early May to follow up and it looks like DJI finally has some people to answer the phone and take care of issues. DJI's customer support team was able to resolved my issue by sending me a factory refurbished H3-2D. It took 7 months, but to their credit the issue is now solved!