Stability Problem F550 HELP

So, 10 inches is too much? How can I calculate myself what is the best with what I have? Personnal experience, a calculator? Formula? Please help

Put 8" props on and set your gains to the DJI suggested gains and see what happens. DJI gains are always aggressive but for your weight I think you will quickly see you need to be at 8" slow fly props.

Last edited by a moderator:

I tried to stabilise my drone in manual mode but I was not capable of maintening the altitude.
Ex: 60% throttle: the drone was going up and one step lower on the throttle it was going down.
I think that I can fix that in the menu of my transmitter

Let us know how the 8" props work. I would also set your basic pitch and roll gains to a potentiality on your TX using X1 and find the sweet spot in doors.
Gains just below the twitch is good for most flying except closed throttle decent. They can get wobbly.

I bought 9*5 eprop from graupner
and 8 inches props also to try from an other company.

At almost 6 lb and running 2216 800kv.. you are going to need 10s. 8" props will not work. The hint is you hovering at 60% on 10s in manual mode.

Did you try increasing your basic gains like we suggested? The lower kv and larger props does require this.

Tahoe Ed

@juilien

This is your issue... You are pushing the limits on your current setup. The F550 will only allow you to run up to 10" props. The only prop that I have found to work on a 550 (6lb) w/ 800kv 2216 motors are the graupners 10x5. You could find a slow flyer prop but I think it might tax the motors to much. Just like you, I also fly in some cold temps, so you could probably get away with it until the warmer months.

I have a question can you fly in manual mode? We can do something to see if it is gains or just taxed out. If you can lift off in manual mode, see what percentage of throttle you hover at? This will tell us if it's a power issue or gain issue.

Blade, I have used the Graupner 10" and right now I am on the DJI 10x3.8's A good compromise in my opinion. That said, I am looking forward to the E300 with the 9" props. They have shown themselves to be more efficient on the Phantom Vision. We will see.

I agree...The DJI 1038's are nice props and cheap. But I don't think he should since he would have to ream them out first to get them to accept a shaft ring adaptor for the sunnysky 6mm shaft. I don't know how much this would affect the hub of the prop?

Salut Julien,

Blade strike approach to gain adjustment looks right. I am definitely more stable with the same set up, same motor (excellent) but with 3S and NAZA. Regardless of the flight controller, I believe that 4S is the way to go for this type of rigging, eventhough 3S works as well.

Tu peux toujours m'appeler si tu as des problèmes, tu connais mon numéro....

Roger

Tahoe Ed

I agree...The DJI 1038's are nice props and cheap. But I don't think he should since he would have to ream them out first to get them to accept a shaft ring adaptor for the sunnysky 6mm shaft. I don't know how much this would affect the hub of the prop?

I have a drill press and a step drill. Not an issue for me. :nevreness: