Naza M motor start up problems

quickpix

Howdy from Missouri
I have 3 quads with the Naza M Lite and 2 of the 3 work fine. The newest one flies fine but does not start up correctly. When I arm it the motors do not start at all, until I give some quick throttle. Then one motor at a time starts. Not always the same motor first. Sometimes I can get the motors all started sooner with a little left aileron. All four only start after half throttle. I have tried everything, new motors, esc's, radios, receivers etc. The only thing I have not changed is the controller. I have followed all the guidelines per the book... I think it is the Naza?? Also when descending the quad begins to wobble out of control if I near half throttle?

Bowley

Start up in LOW, RECOMMEND, or HIGH? on assistant software?
and ESC's programmed?

Last edited by a moderator:

quickpix

I though I had them programmed. It won't even come close to start up now. I am going back to the original setup tomorrow. I started out using the Q Brain 25 amp esc.

quickpix

Solved the problem

I though I had them programmed. It won't even come close to start up now. I am going back to the original setup tomorrow. I started out using the Q Brain 25 amp esc.

Long story but, with the help of a fellow You Tube'r in Seattle, I solved the problem.
First the HK programmer that I purchased with the Q-Brain was a dud. I did an Autopsy and found a bad solder connection and fixed it.
Second the instructions were wrong for the QB.
Third the 4 esc's have 4 wires but only 1 has all 3 wires B/R/W the other 3 have only 1 wire each, the signal wire. A hub was provided for the programming, however the Hub turns out to be only for setting the throttle end points, when connected to the receiver/motors/radio...
Fourth to be able to program the esc's, which has to be done, you program the wire with 3 wires first. Then pull the signal wire and replace it in sequence with each of the single signal wires until all 4 of the esc's have been programmed with the program card. Then put it all back together as it was in the beginning.
Fifth put it all together and use the hub to set the throttle end points one time.

Wala after all that the QB works great and I have a whole new machine. I just love fixing new items and writing my own instructions!!!???

Uncle Deek

I had the same problem with my F550 a few weeks back.

The motors just didn't want to start up.

After fiddling with the controls, unplugging, plugging and scratching my head for a while, I found that they would randomly start when doing the stick sequence.

Turned out to be a bad throttle pot on my Tx (Spektrum DX6i had a recall for this)

If you can, view your stick movement on the screen monitor and make sure the signal bars are sliding smoothly.

My throttle bar was very erratic and wouldn't go low enough to start the motors unless I set the trim way low.

Sent it back to Horizon and they replaced the pot as well as the screen due to a bad pixel line and sent it back :cool:

Now they start up as they should