How is this possible?

tstrike

pendejo grande
What exactly are we up against? Well he's not hiding himself with his name and number on the vid and it didn't look like anyone was bothered. The stuff looked freekin awesome if it was all from a phantom. Gonna see tons of this kind of steal the shot video, at least his was decent.

To be more clear... With the potential/imminent regulations we face as operators.. It surprises me that someone is so flagrantly violating the rules like that and putting their name on it. Maybe the more we see this happening it will speed up the certification process?

bensid54

They often wait until an accident happens before something is put into place. Or someone is irritated by the noise or some busy body has a new project or public pressure in general comes into play. Gotta admit it was a cool video!

tstrike

pendejo grande
Just curious...what rules did he break?
yeah, they're more like guidelines. The guy showed that multi's and people can coexist in an urban setting, he showed these things shouldn't be treated like human death machines (a phantom?), he showed the ability these things have to capture an angle that otherwise would've never been seen all without anyone batting an eye. Isn't that the tact that should be taken while all this gets hashed out?
Threads like this only provides the video with more hits, but give credit where it's due, not everyone flies their phantom into a mannequin wedding.

...not everyone flies their phantom into a mannequin wedding.

Lmao.. I appreciate all the thoughts. I guess guidelines is a better word. It just seems that keeping a lower profile for the time being would be smarter as not to cause a knee jerk reaction by our federal overlords.

jforkner

A low profile is going to be hard to achieve given the increasing number of MCs and gimbals being released/acquired/used/etc. I mean...what's going to happen to all these videos being created? Nobody wants to just fly their multirotor; they want to use it to take videos. And if you take a video, you want someone to see it. And so you'll want to post it on the Internet. And when you do that, someone will see it and decide they have to try it. And so they'll get one and make a video...and so on, and so on, ad infinitum.

Nice thought though.

Jack

ianc212

This question must have been asked before but in that case why bother with a BNUC-S qual. I have attended 2 world championship motosport meetings in the last two weeks- one being in the UK, and at both events saw an S800 flying directly over the top ( approx 30feet) of literally hundreds of people. Unless I am mistaken thats well within the 50metre rule stated in CAP. So... if the pilot didnt have a BNUC how could he fly at that event and if he did have the qual how come he then went within 50 metres of a sizeable crowd he had no direct control of ?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
And probably behind this guy..

So I wonder if this is yet another WooKong 'incident' or whether he is just one of the millions of stupid tits who have enough cash to buy a drone but don't learn how to fly nose-in before taking it public.

bensid54

Petedee it looks like a failure of the electronic more than anything. I'm quickly learning that height can save you more when trouble occurs if you can catch it on time and a failure isn't in the works.