Beware Wookong-M fantastic deal with 50 waypoints!

cbpagent72

I agree DJI it's kind of screwing over customers but they are really following over the old business rule of supply and demand and are now adapting which is good for future customers. I think the biggest rip off for you guys in the UK is that Vat tax that you have to pay. All of the shady business specials that DJI promotes didn't compare the the government's Vat tax.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

rwilabee

What else to you need to make use of the way points other than have the Control Unit know it is authorized for the waypoints.
Seriously. I saw it on their site at this URL. Oddly enough, this page has since been taken down. http://www.dji.com/product/a2/

It makes sense though. No one else charges for extra waypoints, and the tech involved in making it happen doesn't get any more expensive if you do 1 or 100. I've always thought that was a scam that they would have to get around sooner or later.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
You need the data view link so that you can use the ground station software

Quinton

You need the data view link so that you can use the ground station software

DJI should have made it free a long time ago.
Maybe <5% of their users purchased the 50 way points, now they will probably find >50% Wookong users will now buy their data view link, (and maybe even iosd) to see what "free" waypoints can actually do.
A great business move they made by accident.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I have the GCS with single waypoint but have been too busy with the de facto primary use of MRs which remains aerial photo and video which requires FPV..... so not much room or weight left on the MR for GCS xmitter.
Also I was scared away from GCS by the demo/training mode which completely confused me initially..... maybe later......

who uses waypoints anyway? serious question.