Closest I've been to a multirotor in 3 weeks...

tstrike

pendejo grande
View attachment 13223 and it's not mine (the truck is though), mitsibishi car spot on the bonneville salt flats the day before speed week. Their plan was to have the pilot and cam op ride on the truck while I chased down the car but the wind came up and they bagged it. It's all good though because we also had a full size heli with a cineflex unit. I've done 4000 miles in the past 3 weeks but now that all the invoices have been done, I'm off for the rest of the month-WOOHOO!!!

Attachments

• cinestar:insertcar.jpg
    cinestar:insertcar.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 403

tstrike

pendejo grande
Sweet truck! Who was the aerial crew?
Thanks Ben! The copter was owned by the utah producer but was built/piloted by another guy who didn't seem too keen on talking multirotors, kinda held his cards close to the chest. But it was cool seeing the thing none the less. I've never taken this one of my camera cars out on the salt before only because most clients have a problem with the cleaning charges...View attachment 13246 stuff gets everywhere!

Attachments

• salty inrtcr1.jpg
    salty inrtcr1.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 340
Last edited by a moderator:

tstrike

pendejo grande
On this one we were lucky to have a guy from here who has a water truck with a mobile car wash he sets up at the end of the paved road as you leave the salt. He does a pretty good job of getting the big stuff off enough that when you hit the local carwash, they don't freak out about the amount of salt. The stuff goes on wet and solidify's into a concrete type substance. A can of WD-40 used on all electric connections and a few skirts around to contain the spray and your good. The bad stuff happens if you start building up salt in the engine compartment, then the backside of your rad gets caked and you get overheating problems, alternater gets caked in a few months you get electrical problems, etc. The thing is the flats are only 2 hours from my shop and I get a couple calls a month to go out so if I can crack the salt problem, it's a lucrative business.

Last edited by a moderator: