TBS Disco Motor/Prop Recommendation to carry Brushless Gimbal w GoPro3??

SMP

Hello All,

Since we recently planted our former Disco (Bug) we're looking to do another, this time with a Brushless Gimbal w GoPro3?? We also have a bunch of Tiger 2814/770 Motors lying about. Sound like a decent choice? If so would these be better suited to 10-12" props and possibly have to extend the arms??? Thank you for any advice in advance :)

Last edited by a moderator:

tstrike

pendejo grande

daniel

As soon as i get home from a long trip, im gonna start building a Tbs Discovery, with arm extensions, quadrocopter motors from an old hexa,( maybe to heavy...for a little quad) hobbyking 40 amp esc's SK firmware( maybe to much AMP but that's what i have)
And the new Naza V2 controller......
4S 5000 lipo
and the Mastor Gimbal with gopro underneath....

i have no idea if is gonna fly or not...but im gonna enjoy building it for sure....

and 3 waterbouys tied to the frame......i want this setup to shoot a lot of over the water video, like surfing.....

i have 10 and 12 inch apc props....ready to test

ill let you know if the setup works!

daniel

SMP

Chuckling... Aye gravity got me ;) ;) Pat @ AMP sent me some extensions (which went onto the 550) and bought a set of Carbon Extensions from Kilby. Looks like this might be a good combo with the 2814 Tigers and a brushless gimbal. Too much fun to get away from the FPV.

Taz85268

Daniel,

I am going to attempt to build a Heavy Lift TBS Discovery with Arm Extensions, RC Timer HP4215 630KV, 12 inch props and two 4000mah lipos in parallel with a Quadframes 50mm Landing gear to mount the lipos below the frame for better stability.

I was wondering if you tested the arm extensions with 12 inch props and what your findings were.

Thanks,
Terry

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
Forget the arm extensions! go to UAVobjects.com they have arms for the RCT800 that give the quad nearly an 800mm arm tip to arm tip diagonal distance. It gives you room to run up to 15" props (though who would want to). On mine I run the Tarot gimbal, 4s 5000mah lipo, 850kv motors and 12x4.7 RCTimer carbon fiber props and the thing hovers at 40% throttle on a full charge.

daniel

yes, the arm extensions are not good to my TBS, the heli was shaking too much, too many vibrations.....

Taz85268

Daniel,
Which arms did you try out?

I am getting the newer and thicker Aerial Media Pro plates in on Monday.

I have seen poorer quality arm extensions that are rounded on the ends which have been known to be much too thin and flex a whole lot.

Thanks for your input.
Terry

yes, the arm extensions are not good to my TBS, the heli was shaking too much, too many vibrations.....

kloner

Aerial DP
AMP is gonna be carrying the new kloner arms shortly...... the extensions rely too much on the dji arms to not flex as well

DSC00726_795.jpg

i.php

still about 3-4 weeks out

SMP

Can confirm AMP Extensions on the DJI Stock Arms simply introduce too much flex for the Pro. Waiting on those stiffer arms mate ;) ;)

As soon as i get home from a long trip, im gonna start building a Tbs Discovery, with arm extensions, quadrocopter motors from an old hexa,( maybe to heavy...for a little quad) hobbyking 40 amp esc's SK firmware( maybe to much AMP but that's what i have)
And the new Naza V2 controller......
4S 5000 lipo
and the Mastor Gimbal with gopro underneath....

i have no idea if is gonna fly or not...but im gonna enjoy building it for sure....

and 3 waterbouys tied to the frame......i want this setup to shoot a lot of over the water video, like surfing.....

i have 10 and 12 inch apc props....ready to test

ill let you know if the setup works!

daniel

Waterbouys are nice but once it goes into salt water, you may as well leave it there.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Can confirm AMP Extensions on the DJI Stock Arms simply introduce too much flex for the Pro. Waiting on those stiffer arms mate ;) ;)

Would these work for ya...

With 7 inch tubes they're about an inch longer than stock DJI arms, I can make them any length within reason by just cutting longer or shorter tubes. For larger motors I have a scaled up motor mount that can take 36mm already done and can make virtually any size as long as I have the necessary dimensions...

Can do different colors too, I like the dayglow orange on some parts as it makes it easier to spot in the grass or woods if it happens to have an unintentional landing, DAMHIK... ;)

The landing gear not only holds it up off the ground, it offers a handy place to mount a second battery or the main battery if you want to use the internal bay for electronics and smaller batts for the FPV gear...

Basic black with landing gear, $85 US for the full set, custom lengths and colors $100 US for the full set.

Ken

I just recently put a zenmuse on my tbs with an E300 propulsion system. I use a 4S 4250 mAh 65C battery and get a solid 20 minutes of flight before NAZA first level protection flicks on...I love the setup. It's no racer but it's an amazing filmer.