Hoverfly One problem solved another persists

mbsteed

aerial video centric
A while back I registered unstable flight from my Hoverfly Pro octo. I tracked down that problem. That was due to a slightly bent motor shaft (probably from a previous crash). Because it was slightly bent it wasn't noticeable unless you were looking directly from the top then the wobble was slightly noticeable. This resulted in extra vibration in that motor and eventually caused the motor mounts to come loose. Then it became obvious when the motor came up from the arm - yipes. Replaced the motor all is smooth again.

However a weird problem persists. I plug my batteries in and every other time the ESCs don't initialize (no beeps from the motor) and no power to the motors. I wait a few seconds then try it a again and all works as normal; I get the initialization beeps from the motors and no problems in flight. I am using 2 - 6000 4S batteries in parallel. I originally thought it was temperature related but the other day when we tried this it was well above zero Celsius (yes I have done the temp calibration as per the instructions). Someone mentioned it might be a problem with Altitude Hold (being engaged because of the cold) but since I am using firmware 4.8 that no longer requires gain, I don't think this would be it.

Although this is not a fatal error (yet) it is certainly disconcerting. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

mbsteed

aerial video centric
I checked those last night and the throttle settings were not quite at the top and bottom in the Setup client, so I adjusted those and will report back if that makes a difference.

kloner

Aerial DP
the intializing will be to drop the lower value a tad. Esc's look at the throttle being off before they'll boot up, that makes the low end point the culprit

I've got three of these boards now. 2 are on simonK, i set the throttle range on em all once and there throttle range is 100-100..... the other one is on ICE and it has a very different looking endpoints on the throttle to make it work right. is more like 108-88, it's futaba 10c.

mbsteed

aerial video centric
Adjusting the endpoints for the throttle seemed to have fixed the problem. ...much smoother flight as well.