Undesired Wiggle

ILAP

While all looks stable and adjusted on the ground, I get these undesired wiggles as can be seen in the attached short clip.

Would appreciate suggestion how to get rid of these wiggles.

My setup is:

Droidworx AD8-HL
WKM control
Kopterworx AD4 mortors
Graupner 12 x 6 props
2 x 4S 10,000mah LiPos

Cinestar 3 axis Gimbal operated by a 2nd operator via live video feed
Gimbal connected to the AD8 frame via 3 Cinestar vibration isolators (http://www.kopterworx.com/Accesories-Cinestar/CS-antivibration-adapter)
Sony NEX 5N installed on Antivibrations Adapter (http://www.kopterworx.com/Accesories-Cinestar/CS-antivibration-adapter)

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
welcome to a cs8 on wookong. looks like some outta balance motor/props and the cs8 with wookong kinda does that in the slightest breeze even perfect. add a bunch of weight helps

kopterworx has these things carry a butt load of weight in an x4 config that appears to work, but with 25 lbs and they won't say a whole lotta bout what the tricks are. Weird,,, the more money you spend, the less support they come with

ILAP

welcome to a cs8 on wookong. looks like some outta balance motor/props and the cs8 with wookong kinda does that in the slightest breeze even perfect. add a bunch of weight helps

kopterworx has these things carry a butt load of weight in an x4 config that appears to work, but with 25 lbs and they won't say a whole lotta bout what the tricks are. Weird,,, the more money you spend, the less support they come with

Thanks. It is not CS8, it is Droidworx AD8 Heavy Lift with Cinestar 3-axis gimbal.
So you are suggesting it is unbalanced prop or motor?

kloner

Aerial DP
sorry, looking at that video made me set my mind what i was watching from

Take your props off and fire it up. feel around for vibes and recheck the prop balance,,, fix anything not totaly smooth. Somethings not letting a motor spin right. if you have a hero, place it on the ground looking up and go hover over it and post back. we can see the motor with the problem in how the props speed and slow.

did you run 11" props before without problems? it could be them 12x6,,,, wk really likes high rpm and disk loading.

ILAP

Thanks for the suggestions. Changing to 11x5 Graupner from the 12x6 did help a bit but the shakiness did not go away.

Suspecting the Hovefly Gimbal controller, I then disconnected it and instead - connected the Roll and Tilt to the Gimbal ports of the WKM. Magically - all the shakiness disappeared and I got smooth and stable footage !!

No matter how much tuning and fine-tuning I do, I can not get the Hoverfly Gimbal controller to produce stable footage. So now I need to find an alternative control to my Cinestar 3-axis gimbal since I can not have the wires run from the WKM to the gimbal and still have the gimbal rotate 360 degrees.

Any recommendations?

kloner

Aerial DP
so the craft wasn't jumping around, that was all gimbal?

the radian is king of the trail with a price tag to follow..... the brushless gimbals are coming out soon, might hang out for a deal on a controller if you got time. otherwise plan the move to a brushless and forget this mess. the cinestar gimbal leaves its design open to mount up like the brushless gimbals are done, might be a conversion kit pretty fast you might want to wait for.........