Is This Normal

Langdale

I'm just delving into the world of FPV and bought this camera http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/cameras/mini-color-camerasony-13exview-had-ccd8545tm-ccd but the colours, especially red seem to be washed out.

I know it's only a small camera but is this a "normal" ? I've upload three pictures, the first shows the camera pointing at some vivid red flowers and the camera's picture is on the monitor. It's lacking any real colour.
The second and third pictures are of my trousers (please excuse the bulge!!) and my sweater, both are/should be black.

It would appear that it's only the red that's washed out, greens seem to be OK with the blues slight paler.

I've seen some vids on Youtube that have vivid colours and are a third of the price of this camera.

I'd appreciate any comments.

Attachments

• S1010001.JPG
    S1010001.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 181
  • S1010002.JPG
    S1010002.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 151
  • S1010003.jpg
    S1010003.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 162

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Morning Peter,I`m not best qualified to answer as I don`t do much FPV ,but as Simon says I would try it outdoors and see then.I wouldnt be to bothered about colour on a FPV camera ,as long as you`ve got a clear picture and good reception they`re the main things.Most people are filming with a seperate camera anyway.
Maybe someone else will chime in ,and give their opinion.

Maybe try asking for opinions on FPVHUB dot com as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

plingboot

this can happen if the Vtx and Vrx are not on the same channel, but on a pair of channels which are close enough to get a picture.

with everything plugged in, try cycling through the Vtx channels…

Langdale

Thanks for the replies. I've tried cycling through the channels on the Fatshark Attitude goggles but I can only get picture on one channel, which is rock solid. Just that the colours are gone.
Peter

02deuce

Time Warped
Thanks for the replies. I've tried cycling through the channels on the Fatshark Attitude goggles but I can only get picture on one channel, which is rock solid. Just that the colours are gone.
Peter
Owning three different FPV cameras each one has OSD adjustment settings for making corrections. I believe the gain setting is off on your camera when the colors are not correct. See if you can obtain a owners manual for your camera so that you can figure out how adjust its settings.

Langdale

Thanks 02 deuce, my camera doesn't have OSD and I can't find a manual for it anywhere. It seems it's only Firstpersonview that are selling it.
I've returned it to them so we'll see what happens.
Peter

kloner

Aerial DP
alot of first person view board cams use a IR filter to clean up your view,,,,, if i had to guess somewhere between that little blue piece of plastic they use and the settings made it color blind. what a weird deal

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Is it normal to wear white pants? probably not. :)

I wonder if this isnt due to using an ntsc camera on a PAL monitor? the Moire look would seem to be from the actual picture you took of the screen but if thats what is actually showing I would guess it has something to do with phasing being off. are you giving everything enough power? Try a polarizing filter? switch channels? everything on ntsc or Pal? try pluggin the vrx into a separate monitor to test it.

Stacky

If you are testing the camera in lowish light you might get that. I know if I do fpv in the late evening the colour drops out. I have one camera that is faulty, it drops out the greens but apart from that works well.

Langdale

"Is it normal to wear white pants? probably not". :) I'm starting a new trend !!! The trousers are actually black, it's the camera that making them grey.
I've sent the camera back and will post the result.
Peter