Prop Balancer

jfro

Aerial Fun
Need to order one. Will be balancing 11 to 15" props. Multicopter to be used for video.

Any suggestions on what to buy?

jfro

Aerial Fun
I ordered a Du-Bro with some of my other copter parts that came in last week. Everything was delivered but the Du-Bro. My money was refunded so I'll have to find another supplier.

Good to know it's a good one... Thanks for the advice......

Tomstoy2

You know, one thing that never gets discussed about prop balancers, one that is extremely important, probably because us guys that always use one take it for granted, is;

When you set up your balancer, it's very, very important to make sure the balancing shaft is level first before starting your balance job. An off level shaft will affect the accuracy of the job you are doing.

For you new guys, a small bubble level can be your best friend.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Thanks all. You tube video was good stuff. Dubro on the way and after the video, can probably do a competent job on the props.

jfro

Aerial Fun
I got the last Integrity buzzer in inventory so I will have to wait a bit for a 2nd unit. No biggie, as I'm still building.

Feeling pretty good about the build so far and that I've picked good components. Pieces are fitting together nicely and the only irritation so far is not finding some of the small hex cap screws and lock nuts I want locally and having to order them on line and wait for them....

As I get closer to hooking up the flight controller and Futaba 8FG setup, I'm starting to realize this part is going to take a fair amount of effort. Looks like I'll have to go out and by some wire and ends for the connection. I thought I'd get those with the radio or controller, but guess I can't use the SBus with the HFP, so it's a bit more soldering. I was told just get some single end connector from radio shack or from a local electronics store. I assume I don't have to get special silicone wire for this part.

Thus far, I've only hooked up the radio (8fg) and flown on the simulator a bit. Haven't even started to figure out the menu's and all the settings / switches on the radio. I've inadvertently moved some switches around which means I'll be doing a boatload of labeling. Bit overwhelming when I look at it..... Oh well, more youtube videos, manual readings, and forum reading and posts and hopefully the learning curve will not be too long or costly. I went with the 8FG over the spectrum because peeps speak very highly of the radio. However, I knew going in there was more help on the Spectrum radio than the Futaba. Hopefully, I'll find a nice setup for dummy's somewhere.

Thanks again for all your help.