Hoverfly Pro or Wookong FC for new X8 ?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
No way points.

@tom. Hoverfly manual is a dream to fly and isn't anything like flying manually on a Dji. Dji manual is like balancing on a beach ball in a swimming pool. Hoverfly is like flying a perfectly tuned SRH without the snappy crazy ness. The good part is that Hoverfly made their auto level fly similar to manual but with a gentle return to level. Just like it should be for ap.

3dheliguy

Interesting, except when u hit alt hold and it spirals out of control into the ground. Hope that's only the GPS doing that.

kloner

Aerial DP
Mine doesn't even have GPS

When a dji controller likes the gains and you've painstakingly gone over making the motors/props as smooth as humanly possible the dji hovers and sloflys super controllable, it's the little wobbles and bucks in the footage that drives me nutts. Looks fine to the average guy

kloner

Aerial DP
Just don't touch alt hold.

I'm putting that exact board on my sj. They fly too smooth to consider anything else.

tombrown1

No way points.

@tom. Hoverfly manual is a dream to fly and isn't anything like flying manually on a Dji. Dji manual is like balancing on a beach ball in a swimming pool. Hoverfly is like flying a perfectly tuned SRH without the snappy crazy ness. The good part is that Hoverfly made their auto level fly similar to manual but with a gentle return to level. Just like it should be for ap.

Very tempting. Thanks Iris.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Gentlemen (and any ladies), thank you for your advice. I have ordered the HFP and hopefully in the not 2 distant future I will be sharing footage instead of asking a million questions.

Looking forward to some silky smooth flying. One of the members here told me he liked to get up in the air and drift with the wind while shooting video. Hope I can do the same!

Last edited by a moderator: