yes I know!!! Newbe stupid questions..

flyfishdk

Hi there

as the tittle says i'm a total newbie and want to get started to use multirotors in my work. I'm a photojournalist and have the last 4 years specialized in video for communication and commercial work.

I have the last year looked, been thinking and then rethinking and looking and thinking.... and and and

I have now decided that I'm going to get a multirotor drone! but to decide witch setup??

I use dslr for 90% of my video work and would love to use them on a drone.... I see 2 different different setups.

If it's gonna be a platform for dslr I see droidworx with mikrokopter parts as the solution, but i'm not a geeke tech guy there can do everything myself and from what I can see, read and so it's really needed...

I stumbled on DJI and the Spreadwing S800 with the Zenmuse. that's look great for me.. more plug and play like... i can do small things techwise. and the stabilized z15 looks AWSOME output wise!! BUT i can for the moment "only" use the NEX for it... yes I know that they are speaking about there will be Zenmuses for dslr. but then I see some really awsome video from the nex... and thinking, that could do for the start...

It's for business and thats my concern. should I take the steep learning curve and go for solution 1 or should I go for the more "easy" solution 2 and then start to produce faster and maybe later "upgrade"? and can I mount other non gimbs for dslr on the S800 later?

thx for helping in advance and sorry for my bad english... ;)

Nicolai

PS: I know it's not just flying out of the box!! I gonna practice practice, crash and practice again!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

haris_g

people can fly
let me only tell you that if you have no previews experience with RC quad or heli etc, will be much better to get a good simulator (or a coaxial heli) and try out before attempting to take of a real thing

this will save you loads of money, get you to know the fell , and make all other decision much easier and more focused to the goal you want to achieve

the equip you are talking about is not cheap to be a "first time" training gear, try to think of a hard landing with zenmuse and your DSL plus lens... might be more costly than what you initially thought of

Malcr001

In my opinion your going to have to work your way up. Buying droidworx frame with MK parts and then going out flying with no rc experiance is a recipe for disaster and blow to your wallet too. You should go for a cheap multicopter that is cheap and fairly crash resistent. Along the way you will pick up the basics of rc and wont get into trouble when you buy something more expensive.

Where do you operate your business? I ask because in many countries the subject of flying multicopters for business purposes is either not legal or very much soon to be decided.

As haris_g mentioned getting a simulator would be a good first step.

flyfishdk

Hi both..

Thx for your honest replies! I really like that. I know it's a hard thing this... I know it not counts at all but I'm pretty good at the AR.Drone.. yes yes I know it's not the same. And yes I gonna fly a tons of simulator....

But for the question... will the DJI setup be to "closed" for developement in terms of gear...?