Hoverfly yaw problems again?

ok so i received my dx8 back from horizon hobby and they did in fact replace the gimbals? anyway whatever they did seemed to have brought the channels back to zero..
any way put up the bird today and it will fly but rudder to the right?

heres a flick

thank you
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

very strange here, it seems to be in the radio becasue when i hook it up to the other radio it doesnt yaw it flips or sometimes it flies amazing.. i truly do not understand

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
chris,
start at the receiver and trace each of the four primary flight controls into the FC board. Then track the auxiliary channels that you used for the other functions like flight mode and altitude hold. When you're absolutely sure the wires are in their correct spots, retrace each ESC wire into the FC board and make sure the motor numbers each are in the right spot and that the rotation is correct. It looks in the video like either your yaw channel is backwards or not plugged in but I don't think you can arm the motors with a receiver wire unplugged. First thing I'd do is make sure the yaw channel is in place from the receiver to the FC and that the pitch and roll wires aren't reversed.

are you able to get any response from the heli to yaw inputs made at the transmitter?

ok i tried everything retraced wires went in to the dx8 for a hour to see if something was mixing etc?? googled and read on zen desk , decided to reflash firmware and it worked! flew two battery pack through it and noticed escs are getting pretty hot to the touch, ill pick up a infrared thermo tomorow and see . whats normal. i have three 4000 batteries on it for weight planning on carry a 3xpt mount with a t2i and two 4000 packs. i have the exceed proton 30 amp esc's

hoverben

Person of Interest
Iris - which firmware version are you using? Some of the Beta versions do not have the PRO logging feature enabled. If you are using one of the Betas, it is possible that PRO simply has nothing to dump to the file.

(Note that in full releases, this feature should work as expected.)