Y6 prop size

plingboot

The obvious answer to this one is "why not just try it" which i will do, but just wond if anyone has any thoughts on this?

rebuilt my Y6 with different landing gear and a saddle type battery mount. i now have two 4000mah packs in parallel and it's running 10" graupners.

did a timed hover test to get an idea of max battery life and find the additional weight seems to have an adverse effect with more yo-yo-ing in alt/gps hold.

just wondering whether a switch to 11" graupners is the answer or is this going to over stretch the motors which are 800kv torxpower units?

Dewster

The obvious answer to this one is "why not just try it" which i will do, but just wond if anyone has any thoughts on this?

rebuilt my Y6 with different landing gear and a saddle type battery mount. i now have two 4000mah packs in parallel and it's running 10" graupners.

did a timed hover test to get an idea of max battery life and find the additional weight seems to have an adverse effect with more yo-yo-ing in alt/gps hold.

just wondering whether a switch to 11" graupners is the answer or is this going to over stretch the motors which are 800kv torxpower units?

I completed a conversion build of a DJI F550 into a Y6 using Avroto 2814/11s 770 kv motors. I have 11.5 inch Graupners, 30 amp esc, and run two 6000 3s lipos for approximately 9-11 minutes of flight time. That includes a Gopro Hero 2 with casing. I thought the 11 inch Graupners would be too much for my craft, but it flies smooth. I just need to adjust the gains so that it's not so snappy (want smoother transitions for video).

I'm thinking about putting 12 inch Graupners on top and keeping 11 inch on the bottom, but right now, my craft flies fine.

I'll post a video once I get enough video to post online. View attachment 6326View attachment 6327

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Raven Y6 right side.jpg
    Raven Y6 right side.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 184

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Which Torx power ones the little ones? I run 10" on my ADX3Std on the AXI2217/20 840KV with Sony Nex5 or CX730 2x5000mah packs and get 12 mins no mither.

Its got to be the gains..

Dave