X8 and gimbal control?

rcmike

Hi everyone, I have been looking at something larger than my F450 to hopefully carry a larger camera than a GoPro in the future. I have been looking at an X8 but just realized that I won't have Gimbal control with ESC's hooked up to the F1 and F2 output. I remember reading something somewhere saying you could basically hook the motors up to a flight controller like a quacopter with Y harnesses going to the top and bottom motors. The motors would would have to be spinning the same direction on each arm of course. That would leave the gimbal ports open so I could use them. Also, I think I remember reading that that setup gave you more of a chance to save it if you had a motor failure for some reason. Would it fly the same this way? It makes since to me but I may be overlooking something.

Thanks,
Michael

xvin

DJI supports s-bus. The s-bus setup will allow use of DJI ports T and R for your gimbal.

Last edited by a moderator:

rcmike

I knew that but I am using a Dragon Link TX and RX on a 9C. Someone on RCGroups recommended an SBus converter so I could use my Dragon Link RX. I am going to go that route probably. I didn't know they made those until he told me.