x650 failure?

I was on a job this am shooting fresh snowcovered trees the groomers working away etc. temp was 7 degrees F sun was up . after about 9 minutes of flying i had the x650 10 feet off the ground like 30 feet from me and without and throttle warning it just fell outta the sky. usually I can tell when its low on battery and it just tipped and went down. should i be worried or was it low battery cold. im assuming both. broke two arms and thats it. i attempted to power up again holding the arms just to make sure nothing else was damaged and everything is fine. very lucky. Got some sik shots prior to this though!

guessing it was a battery failure been running 8 to 9 minutes on a 3350 mah 3s pack carrying a gopro and housing. should be more around 6 minutes. it was also cold as %$^&

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Get one of these
http://brchobbies.co.uk/?page=shop&action=additem&item=183
Its easy to get carried away with yourself. These things you can set what voltage you want it to got off at and its LOUD and flashes really brightly. Even though I have telemetry battery alarm and the MK low battery warning I still use one of these set to 3.5 volts per cell. It goes off as soon as one cell drops below set point.

What TX are you using?

Dave

just ordered a low voltage alarm and a tester. Today i put the battery on the charger from that day and it was on for four hours and wont finish a charge my charger does not show voltage so i ordered one today but did i wreck my battery.? i gues live and learn i orderd another flight power 3350 3s today.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Sounds like its toasted! Lesson learned, this is exactly the same scenario as what happened to me. The my RC buddy said 'you should have got one of these' yeh great to late but thanks! :p

Hopefully that will be the last time it happens.. guess batteries with one built in could be useful...

The ones I suggested have a programmable voltage limit.. nt sure the ones Bart has linked to do. I got some of those cheap off ebay but only alarm at 3.3v. I have mine set a 3.5 so I have a good reserve left in the tank to get back and land with out over cooking the battery

Last edited by a moderator: