X650 build

Kilby

So after a few disappointing months of watching in horror as so many people report problems with the GPS for my X650, I've gone ahead and ordered everything I need to do an XA/WK-M hybrid. Ordered so far are the WK-M, 4 Avroto motors, 11x4.7 props, 30amp esc's & a 4S battery. I'll be using the X650 frame as well as a small GoPro gimbal I installed, but have plans to possibly move it all over to a Droidworx frame sometime next year.

Any tips out there for me before I get started on this? Any gotcha's I should watch out for? Anything I need to know about getting the software working properly on a Mac with virtual PC? Anyone already done a simular build and want to share their gain settings? ;-)

Thanks in advance!

-Terry

Hi Terry,

i have a very similar set up, you were looking for : X650V 4 with the Avroto Motors 30 amps 3S 5000mah foxtech metal gimbal apc props 10x4.7= Grand total weight is 1.9 kg flying time between 8 to 10 minutes, personnaly this motor way to powerful for this Frame, but it fly very nice

although i did try with the apc props 11x4.7 it creates inner turbulence to strong . i find not as stable as 10x4.7 at this moment I'm trying with the apc props 10x3.8 The Bird hasn't fly outside with this props yet, indoor it seems same as 10x4.7

As for the set up with the software it's very simple, five years old pc laptop keep me busy with the Woo Kong ! but i have a Mac keeping it away….
Here are the Gains: roll 130 pitch 130 vertical 90 att 90 and 90 this all can be changed for your comfort !
good luck
Shiu

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilby

Thanks, Shiu. I should be starting the build this weekend and will post any photos or video here. Do you have any I can check out of yours?

BTW... how do you like that gimbal?

Hi Terry,

Here you go…few photos, for a Video raining last couple of days it's seem won't stop for a while ( may be inside within couple of days) regards to Gimbal, i spend $$$ more for those servos then gimbal itself… it's ok for amateur , I'm currently building a Hexa it will be ready in two weeks second set of Dji Woo Kong on its way...:tennis:

View attachment 1664View attachment 1666View attachment 1667View attachment 1665

Attachments

• IMG_7691.jpg
    IMG_7691.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_7689.jpg
    IMG_7689.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_7693.jpg
    IMG_7693.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_7688.jpg
    IMG_7688.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 409

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
Interesting way to mount the GPS. I have mine in the same position but its bolted on the cover. I envy your motors :D I have a x650 v8 had stock motors on it with 11x5 e-prop but now I switched to roxxy 2827-35 with same props its a little bit better I should say. Anyway, for the gain I used to have it at 130 on basic gains but forward flight seems to wobble a bit as well as decent. my current gains

basic roll/pitch 210
yaw 105
veertical 110
atti roll/pitch 70

software is pretty much straight forward unless using 64bit OS then make sure you have 64bit driver. good luck and hope to see your rig soon

Kilby

Hey, thanks a lot guys. My stuff should start arriving today, so maybe this weekend I'll get some time to put it all together. Depends on my work load here at the office I guess.

Anyway, thanks for the input!

kuau

Terry,

I am doing the exact same thing as you, I am using 4 maytech 30 amp esc,
Now I am just trying to figure out a way to build a power harness to go from my 3S battery to my maytechs.
Any suggestions on what type of connectors to use??

Steven

So after a few disappointing months of watching in horror as so many people report problems with the GPS for my X650, I've gone ahead and ordered everything I need to do an XA/WK-M hybrid. Ordered so far are the WK-M, 4 Avroto motors, 11x4.7 props, 30amp esc's & a 4S battery. I'll be using the X650 frame as well as a small GoPro gimbal I installed, but have plans to possibly move it all over to a Droidworx frame sometime next year.

Any tips out there for me before I get started on this? Any gotcha's I should watch out for? Anything I need to know about getting the software working properly on a Mac with virtual PC? Anyone already done a simular build and want to share their gain settings? ;-)

Thanks in advance!

-Terry

Kilby

That's actually a great question. I'm usually of the mind frame that if use the same gauge wires going into the ESC that you would be ok. In this case, that's 16 gauge.. the same gauge as the wire harness that came with my X650. Does anyone know if that will be ok? Exopackshiu, what did you use for your wiring harness?

-Terry

Terry,

I am doing the exact same thing as you, I am using 4 maytech 30 amp esc,
Now I am just trying to figure out a way to build a power harness to go from my 3S battery to my maytechs.
Any suggestions on what type of connectors to use??

Steven

That's actually a great question. I'm usually of the mind frame that if use the same gauge wires going into the ESC that you would be ok. In this case, that's 16 gauge.. the same gauge as the wire harness that came with my X650. Does anyone know if that will be ok? Exopackshiu, what did you use for your wiring harness?

-Terry

Hi,

I'm attaching the picture of the harness currently using, and a Hexa new build with the Tiger motors and their Esc as well( she should be ready in few days) something went wrong during a uploading the pictures unable to resized !

View attachment 1718View attachment 1719

Attachments

• IMG_7688.jpg
    IMG_7688.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_7694.jpg
    IMG_7694.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 567
  • IMG_7696.jpg
    IMG_7696.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 388
Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,

The picture is shown an Octo version harness,( and yes it's from Xa stock harness) it will be mounted on the Hexa, on the X650v it's a same thing Quards version i haven't noticed any power drop from this harness, do you have a something in your mind ? or suggestion…!

Thanks
Shiu

rwilabee

What kind of camera are you using. Did you slot the top to slip up to the antenna. How is your CG with all that weight in the front.

Rich[

QUOTE=Exopackshiu;15943]Hi Terry,

Here you go…few photos, for a Video raining last couple of days it's seem won't stop for a while ( may be inside within couple of days) regards to Gimbal, i spend $$$ more for those servos then gimbal itself… it's ok for amateur , I'm currently building a Hexa it will be ready in two weeks second set of Dji Woo Kong on its way...:tennis:

View attachment 2790View attachment 2792View attachment 2793View attachment 2791[/QUOTE]

Hi
can u plz give me a link for frame esc and motor that u used for this thanks

Hi Paktazh,

i have done few modification for this frame( i don't really like the motor mount too fragile — crack easy) it's from Foxtech.com, Motors and Esc from: Clubheli.com Gimbal from: Photoship.com also some accessories from : Aglhobbies.com

i hope this would helpful to you !
Thanks
Shiu

paktazh

Hi
Thanks for the information I like your ship it looks great and is it stable enough with the dji wkm ? could u plz tell me how much weight it can left ?
some of the site you mentioned are not working if you can kindly name the part and the detail about them. Do you have a flying video of this ship
thanks for your help

rwilabee

I tried Foxtech.com but that doesn't work

Hi Paktazh,

i have done few modification for this frame( i don't really like the motor mount too fragile — crack easy) it's from Foxtech.com, Motors and Esc from: Clubheli.com Gimbal from: Photoship.com also some accessories from : Aglhobbies.com

i hope this would helpful to you !
Thanks
Shiu

Hi
Thanks for the information I like your ship it looks great and is it stable enough with the dji wkm ? could u plz tell me how much weight it can left ?
Some of the site you mentioned are not working if you can kindly name the part and the detail about them. Do you have a flying video of this ship
thanks for your help

Hi,
Thanks for liking the Ship. almost getting ready for sailing at this moment i won't be able to confirm the grand total weight lift ( never flown yet) — my first built Hexa
it took almost six weeks to complete the build because of all the parts to be arrived… i hoping to do some video this weekend for sure i will be posting it here. if the weather permits outside or inside wife out for Christmas shopping :tennis:

My apology for missed informing the sites: Frame : foxtechfpv.com ( links waiting for approval by Mods)
Gimbal: photoshipone.com