WooKong-H

Kilby

So I just noticed on the DJI site that they have some new products coming up. In total, they had 3 listed, but they all seem to revolve around an updated WooKong called WK-H. Anyone have any idea what they will be adding? It mentions auto-take off & landing, but I wonder what else will be in there? I'd love to see 2 more outputs so it can handle octo/x8 plus 2axis camera stabilization. Anyone care to make predictions now and see if they were accurate after the fact?

http://www.dji-innovations.com/en/Announcement.php

Kilby

I don't see any mention of a WK-H on that micro site. In the announcements it mentions it twice, both a WK-H & a WK-H Lite (non-gps version). You think that was just a typo, or is there really an all together different version coming out?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I don't see any mention of a WK-H on that micro site. In the announcements it mentions it twice, both a WK-H & a WK-H Lite (non-gps version). You think that was just a typo, or is there really an all together different version coming out?

The -H is the helicopter version and is only partly related to the -M version. The upcoming enhancements to the multirotor version are what is listed on the mini site.

Kilby

Ahhh.. you are correct. I guess the H does stand for Heli. I was getting excited and hoping that there might be a new version of the M coming out soon. I would really like to be able to control an x8 and do camera stabilization, so I guess I was projecting my hopes onto that announcement. ;-)

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Kilby,

Can the X8 be configured in wkm or only X4?

The WKM can be setup as X8, the only thing to be aware of is if you want to use a 2 axis camera mount you will need to use a Futaba S-Bus receiver or an S-Bus converter to have enough ports on the WKM control module to plug in 8 motors plus the two servos for the mount along with the power module monitoring connection and the receiver.

Ken