Wookong Error?

dazzab

I took my SkyJib coax octo out for a spin today. Unfortunately when I connected the battery two of the bottom motors were beeping as though they had no connection to them. I armed it anyway and only the top four motors spun up.

So tonight I've been testing it on the bench. It really seems to me that the flight controller is not outputting a signal to the bottom four motors. I can swap the output of the bottom motors to the output of the top motors and they work fine.

I can't find anything else wrong with the copter. Of course, last time it was flying everything was fine.

I've contacted my dealer but thought I'd check here if anyone else has seen a Wookong M just decide to stop sending signals to motors before?

FerdinandK

You should check if the mixer is set to X8, I assume it is (back to) a quad (whatever might be the reason to this).

best regards
Ferdinand

dazzab

You should check if the mixer is set to X8, I assume it is (back to) a quad (whatever might be the reason to this).
Yes, checking that it was still set to coax octo was one of the first things I did.

I also noticed that I couldn’t connect via bluetooth to my phone app anymore. I had to connect to my laptop via a USB cable. I used the bluetooth a few months ago to check the gains so I know it was working at one point.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Try re-flashing the firmware although be careful to re go through every setting to ensure that things are still as they should be.

dazzab

I went to refresh the firmware and discovered that it was indeed set to a quadcopter. I'm not sure why I didn't catch that before as I did check. Anyway, pretty scary that such a setting can change by itself after two years. Perhaps when I was checking the gains with the Bluetooth (which is now working) I accidentally clicked on something but I honestly doubt it. Regardless, it seems to be working properly now and the motor test is showing all motors working in correct order and direction. So I'm off to the field for a flight.