XAircraft Why is my new XA camera mount causing motor twitching?

dma251

Just built my XA gopro mount last night, and I am very impressed with the quality, BUT, when I spool up to lift off, my number 4 motor is cutting in and out. I am using the chestam 3in1 Bec from cncheli. When i unplug the camera mount from the FC, it flies fine.

What gives? I assume it is a power supply issue, but I thought the Chestam bec was supposed to address the underpower issue from the stock bec. Do I need to clip the red wires from the esc to the fc, so it is not pulling power from the escs?

Bowley

I have the exact same problem. I am using a turnigy 5A BEC. I have burnt out 2 ESC's.
The saga continues............

Sebas600

When using a BEC you should remove the red wires. if not the power from the ESC will still be drawn. (don't check my grammar:upset:)

Bowley

When using a BEC you should remove the red wires. if not the power from the ESC will still be drawn. (don't check my grammar:upset:)

Thanks Seb, which red wires is it we have to remove, the red wires from all the ESC's to the FC?

Steve

Sebas600

Yes You can do that if your bec gives enough power for the fc components and the gimbal and at the correct voltage!! 5V
If you are not sure of that, put the bec only on the red and black wires of the servos. And only the white ones on the fc.
This only works with an one battery setup for fc and gimbal. And probably is preferable above removing the red wires.
If one bec dies there are 3 back ups

Bowley

Its a turnigy 5V 3A BEC, probably need one with higher current rating in order to use it alone. I think I'll connect BEC direct to the servo red/black wires.

Thanks for the advice Seb

Steve