Which Cheap/Simple OSD?

jackmulti

Hi guys,

I use the Eagle Tree on my big bird but was looking for something cheaper and simpler for a quad.

Which one would you recommend?

The options I managed to find so far on the net are the Hornet, EzOSD and Cyclops NOVA.

Please let me know what you think of them or if there are any others out there with GPS and functions such as

Battery monitor
Compass
Altitude
Speed
GPS Location
Locate home

AHI and RTH an asset...

Thanks a lot

plingboot

This one has been getting some positive reviews on fpvlab. think hobbyking sell it branded as their own, at a knock down price too.

the immersionrc gear is very good imho, but a little more pricey. the ezosd is a bit difficult to come by at the moment, not sure whether there's something new in the works…

RCNut

I'm using the Hobby King OSD. It's made by AeroRc under the Apache brand. So far it's been pretty good. It had problems until the recent software update. Now it works well. It comes with GPS and temperature sensor and shows distance and direction to home, altitude, airspeed voltage for two batteries or one battery plus RSSi, and has an auto starting timer. it's pretty good value for just over $100. You can figure it using a PC or with the supplied remote control via your goggles.

This one has been getting some positive reviews on fpvlab. think hobbyking sell it branded as their own, at a knock down price too.

the immersionrc gear is very good imho, but a little more pricey. the ezosd is a bit difficult to come by at the moment, not sure whether there's something new in the works…
Your not kidding! I prepaid for the 600mW transmitter and the ezosd and they have the money just no stock. I guess I am stuck as I prepaid for everything. I just hope immersionrc wakes up one morning and makes more.

sishobby

Hi guys,

I use the Eagle Tree on my big bird but was looking for something cheaper and simpler for a quad.

Which one would you recommend?

The options I managed to find so far on the net are the Hornet, EzOSD and Cyclops NOVA.

Please let me know what you think of them or if there are any others out there with GPS and functions such as

Battery monitor
Compass
Altitude
Speed
GPS Location
Locate home

AHI and RTH an asset...

Thanks a lot

For some flight controllers you can use Minim OSD which is cheap and it is working good.
I use it on arducopter, multiwii and as i read you can use it with naza to.
All depend which flight controller you will be using on your copter.

View attachment 12188

Attachments

• MinimOSD.jpg
    MinimOSD.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 368

gpforet

I started with the hobby king rebranded Apache. Seemed nice. Failed after 20 minutes and returned for a refund minus restocking. Now using the Feiyu Hornet. What I liked about the Apache was that you could calibrate both voltage and current sensor(s). The Feiyu does not allow you to calibrate. The current sensor is off quite a bit, but I rely more on the volage level(s) and the volage sensor is only 2/10th of a volt off when compared to my Fluike meter. Both of these provide dual voltage channels which was a requirement for me since I run my FPV and gimbal camera transmitted from a dedicated battery rather then rely on my flight batteries.