MultiWii / NAZE / SP Racing F3 Which board? I am so confused!

darwin-t

I plan to build a hex with a Rotor Bones kit - or possibly start with a quad and upgrade it to a hex later. I want to use a Multiwii flight controller.

Being on a fixed income, I need to keep the cost down

I can start with a simple controller at first and add GPS with RTH and maybe bluetooth later to use the Multiwii configurator and Multiwii GUI apps.

There are so many different boards, I can't make a informed decision on which to buy.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Oh, one more thing. Can these be used with DJI Phantom receivers?

I will really appreciate any and all advice!

F

fengshuidrone

Damn, I wrote this reply before I realized how old this thread was. Oh well....I can recommend three awesome boards for between $32.00 and $35.00. These are all a version of the Multiwii Pro platform as presented by Ready To Fly Quads. No, I don't work for them. They sell a version for $32.00 called the Multiwii Pro 2 (I own one.) The only drawback to this FC is the fact that the Mag is already on it. Not a problem for a nicely designed quad like mine. My mag is away from power cables. These MW FCs come with all the sensors you need already onboard (except the GPS module) and the one I'm talking about has the latest baro version which blows away the old ones on the ever popular red HK Pro with MTK GPS boards. It's all you'll ever need short of a GPS module.
Same goes for the Pro Ez3.0, at $34.00, except this one uses plug in wiring harnesses made just for this board (additional cost) and the next most expensive one at $35.00, the MultiWii PRO Ez3.0 Blacked MAG Editon Flight Controller w/ GPS Option (NO COMPASS) This one has no onboard compass (mag) to allow use of an externally mounted one that is usually included on the GPS module. You pay more for less, but it still works out if you plan on doing things right down the road and going with a Leah 6h UBLOX to add on when you get the money for it. My reasoning for these boards is that if you start out with all the sensors included on the board for one price, you won't need to buy things down the road, nor will you have a birds nest of wiring used to hook up all of your sensors (that probably cost more in aggregate than the all in one board did to start with.) I'm awed by what my $32.00 Pro 2 can do and I ended up upgrading to the Leah 6H ublox to make it a completely autonomous quad.