What to Get

Hey all.. I new to this forum and more importantly new to Multi-Rotors (RCs in general)
wife sent a Video of a quad filming Niagra falls.. and I didnt notice there was a waterfall in the video.. i was just in love with the quad. it was a phantom.. after some homework I ended up buying one... flew it, crashed it, fixed it, LOVE it!! ended up buying a WLToys V222 ( so i can practice ) havent gotten it yet and now im intrigued with building my own (fixing the Phantom made me notice tht I enjoyed tinkering almost as much as flying it (and all i did was replace a motor and prop)) and all this in the last two months..
I already bought a gimble and 2 GoPro 3+ blacks. And I know.. a few have already told e practice etc before I go to a bigger format but im a quick learner and figure by the time i get everything and build everything, i will have more experience...

so these are the frames that I was looking at
Arris M680
X800 - V6
ATG X6-700 Dual arm
Tarot 690s (or 680 ) as im trying to see if the difference is worth it or if I get the 680 and change the motor mounts to 690s in the future

I was leaning towards the tarot since I see this is the more popular which "usually" means more support (from forum members - as more have experience with it) and Parts are more abundant... it seems..

so if anyone has any input (favoritism or negative info) on any of these.. please express yourself.. :)

and BTW.. Thanksgiving all...

Keep a sharp eye on the specs for your MR Flight controller. As an example the original DJI NAZAs were not recommended for MR airframe larger than 650 mm.....
It might be ok for the 680mm airframes you listed above but a bit riskier as you go up to larger airframes.

When skipping over from a RTF or ARF systems towards DIY, significant money can be saved if you do it right.
Otherwise one can end up with a lot of valuable components that are not fit-for-purpose, too good to toss away and very hard to sell.
For DIY activities there is a lot of multidiscipline engineering to contend with to get the results you need to fly safely and very little support with possible exception of MRF etc.
May I suggest you get very familiar with using eCalc so as to bypass the detailed engineering work. It will get you 95% of the way there but it cannot solve all issues.

Hey all.. I new to this forum and more importantly new to Multi-Rotors (RCs in general)
wife sent a Video of a quad filming Niagra falls.. and I didnt notice there was a waterfall in the video.. i was just in love with the quad. it was a phantom.. after some homework I ended up buying one... flew it, crashed it, fixed it, LOVE it!! ended up buying a WLToys V222 ( so i can practice ) havent gotten it yet and now im intrigued with building my own (fixing the Phantom made me notice tht I enjoyed tinkering almost as much as flying it (and all i did was replace a motor and prop)) and all this in the last two months..
I already bought a gimble and 2 GoPro 3+ blacks. And I know.. a few have already told e practice etc before I go to a bigger format but im a quick learner and figure by the time i get everything and build everything, i will have more experience...

so these are the frames that I was looking at
Arris M680
X800 - V6
ATG X6-700 Dual arm
Tarot 690s (or 680 ) as im trying to see if the difference is worth it or if I get the 680 and change the motor mounts to 690s in the future

I was leaning towards the tarot since I see this is the more popular which "usually" means more support (from forum members - as more have experience with it) and Parts are more abundant... it seems..

so if anyone has any input (favoritism or negative info) on any of these.. please express yourself.. :)

and BTW.. Thanksgiving all...